If you are looking forward to appear for the Civil Service Exam 2018, then you should have proper understanding of examination pattern. There is only one exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). To be an IAS Officer, you need to go through the Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC. The UPSC CSE Exam is conducted in June every year. Having the knowledge of examination pattern is very important for examination aspirants as without the awareness of exam pattern, all the efforts of the candidate will go futile.
Pattern of Pre Exam:
Two papers will be conducted for IAS Pre Exam. First paper is General Studies and second paper is CSAT. Maximum marks for each paper is 200 and allowed time is 2 hours. In first paper, 100 questions are asked while 80 questions are asked in the second paper. Keep in mind that the second paper of IAS Pre Exam is of qualifying nature. Qualifying the second paper is vital to move forward in recruitment process.
Pattern of Mains Exam:
Total of 9 papers will be conducted in the Mains exam. The first exam will be a qualifying level exam consists of two papers. One will be of your chosen subject and second will be of English. Four papers will be conducted of general knowledge subject. Two papers will be conducted of optional subject. The last paper will be the essay. The first two language papers will be of qualifying nature and the marks obtained in these papers will not be considered for final recruitment.
- UPSC CAPF Recruitment 2019: Application Window Opens for 323 Vacant Posts
- Applications are Invited for Central Armed Police Forces Exam 2019
- UPSC IES/ISS Recruitment 2019 Process Concludes Today, Apply Now
- UPSC Recruitment 2019 For 106 Geologist & Various Posts Application Process Ends Today
- UPSC Recruitment 2019 For 106 Geologist & Various Posts Conclude Tomorrow, Apply Now