If you are looking forward to appear for the Civil Service Exam 2018, then you should have proper understanding of examination pattern. There is only one exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). To be an IAS Officer, you need to go through the Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC. The UPSC CSE Exam is conducted in June every year. Having the knowledge of examination pattern is very important for examination aspirants as without the awareness of exam pattern, all the efforts of the candidate will go futile.
Pattern of Pre Exam:
Two papers will be conducted for IAS Pre Exam. First paper is General Studies and second paper is CSAT. Maximum marks for each paper is 200 and allowed time is 2 hours. In first paper, 100 questions are asked while 80 questions are asked in the second paper. Keep in mind that the second paper of IAS Pre Exam is of qualifying nature. Qualifying the second paper is vital to move forward in recruitment process.
Pattern of Mains Exam:
Total of 9 papers will be conducted in the Mains exam. The first exam will be a qualifying level exam consists of two papers. One will be of your chosen subject and second will be of English. Four papers will be conducted of general knowledge subject. Two papers will be conducted of optional subject. The last paper will be the essay. The first two language papers will be of qualifying nature and the marks obtained in these papers will not be considered for final recruitment.
- UPSC Recruitment 2019 Exam Date Declared, Civil Services Prelims To Be Held On June 02
- UPSC Civil Services (IAS) & Indian Forest Service (IFS) Recruitment 2019 Notification Released, Apply Online for 986 Posts
- UPSC RECRUITMENT 2019: Click Here To Apply
- e-Admit Card Of UPSC CISF ACs Exam 2019 Released, Download Here
- UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist/ Geologist Exam 2018 Results Out, Direct Link Available Here