IAS Exam, officially known as UPSC Civil Services Examination is one of the most prestigious exams of India. Though it is not easy for aspirants to clear it considering the competition involved but not impossible if you follow right strategies, positive attitude and opt for a strict time management. College is one of the greatest phase of one's life; lots of fun, and bunk but it is also the high time which shapes your career. If you always dream of becoming an IAS officer, this article is for you. Read out the important points to know how to prepare for IAS Exam if you are a college student.
Prepare Tips For IAS Exam
• Make and follow a strict time routine daily as you may get less time in comparison to those candidates who sit at home for a whole year to prepare for the exam.
• Make it a habit to read newspapers (like the Hindu or Indian express) and magazines like pratiyogta darpan regularly to know about current affairs.
• Don't only read newspapers, make notes of the current affairs you read as it will help you and save a lot of time while revising for general studies.
• Read NCERT books from 6-12 class and make notes of the important facts. When everything is on hand tips, go deeper and deeper into a particular subject.
• For Polity- go for a book by Laxmikanth, choose a book written by Bipin Chandra for history and Ramesh Singh for Economics. Manorama year book is highly recommended to expand your general awareness.
• Students are tech-savvy. Don't waste time on mobiles scrolling FB etc. Use the internet and search whatever happens to know in great detail. Search the overall history related to that happening.
• Gossips are important but make a group in college with whom you can discuss the current issues, editorials etc.
• For optional subjects, check whether your subject from graduation offered in the subject list as you already have good knowledge in particular subject that will help you in the preparation further. If you want another subject, select the one you find interesting and scoring, go through the syllabus and start preparing.
• Take mock test daily to understand the patterns of the question, and analyze your preparation. Attempt the mock series seriously and prepare the questions you attempted wrong.
• College students have the benefit of writing speedily as they are in touch with pen and paper. Write editorials and participate in essay writing from time to time.
• Whether you devote One hour or 5 hours daily for preparation, do quality learning. Whatever you read, read it with full concentration, prepare short note and keep it in your mind.
We are wrapping up the article with a soundful advice or a mantra to get successful in IAS: A focused and disciplined mind with a passion for learning, and reading is the elementary trait to qualify all the stages of IAS.
- Buy NCERT History Speed Test-02 Online @ Safalta.com
- Buy NCERT History Speed Test-01 Online @ Safalta.com
- IAS Mains Exam 2018: Common Mistakes that Led to Failure
- UPSC IAS Mains Exam 2018: 7 Days Revision Strategy
- UPSC Recruitment 2018 :Apply Online For 13 Administrative Officer & Lecturer Posts