IAS Exam Syllabus 2018
Good news for IAS Exam aspirants. UPSC has announced IAS 2018 Exam Schedule in its latest exam calender. The official notification for UPSC IAS Exam 2018 will be released on February 7, 2018 at the official page upsc.gov.in. The candidates aspiring for UPSC Indian Administrative Services Exam should tighten their shoulder as the official notification will be out shortly and exam will be conducted on June 6, 2018. IAS is considered as the reputed Grade A job in the government of India. The Lakhs of candidates appear for UPSC IAS Exam but very few candidates are managed to qualify till the last phase due to limited number of vacancy and complexity of the exam. Every year, UPSC made slight amendments in the UPSC IAS Syllabus and Exam Pattern. Safalta.com has taken the initiative to guide the candidates for upcoming UPSC IAS Exam. In this article, we are providing UPSC IAS 2018 Revised Syllabus and Exam Pattern that is the foremost requisite to begin the exam preparation.
UPSC IAS 2018 Revised Syllabus and Exam Pattern
UPSC IAS Prelims Exam 2018 will comprise of two exam papers of objective type questions of 400 marks. The questions will be published bilingually English and Hindi both.
|General Studies Paper – I||200 Marks|
|General Studies Paper – II||
UPSC IAS Prelims Syllabus for Paper I – (200 marks)
- Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Social Development, Economic Development and Sustainable Development, Social Sector initiatives, Inclusion, Poverty, Demographics, etc.
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization.
- General Science.
UPSC IAS Prelims Syllabus for Paper II- (200 marks)
- Decision-making and problem-solving.
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
- Basic topics including numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc. of Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level)
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
- General mental ability.
UPSC IAS Syllabus for Mains Exam 2018
The UPSC Mains Written Exam will comprise of 9 papers out of which, two are qualifying papers and seven papers are counted for ranking
|Paper A||One of the Indian languages listed below||300|
|Paper B||English (Qualifying)||300|
|Paper II||General Studies I history and geography of the world and society & Indian heritage and culture)||250|
General Studies II including polity, social justice, governance, constitution, and international relations)
General Studies III including biodiversity, environment, technology, economic development, security and disaster management)
|Paper V||General Studies-IV including integrity, ethics, and aptitude)||250|
|Paper VI, VII||Two papers selected from the list of optional subjects below (250 marks)||500|
|TOTAL (Written Test)||1750|
UPSC Mains Exam 2018: List of Optional Subjects
- Civil Engineering
- Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Indian History
- Mechanical Engineering
- Commerce and Accountancy
- Political Science and International Relations
- Medical Science
- Public Administration
Literature of any one of the following languages: Dogri, Gujarati, Assamese, Bengali, Kashmiri, Konkani, Maithili, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu Bodo, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Manipuri, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Santali, Marathi, Nepali, Oriya, and English.
The UPSC Mains question papers will be of conventional (essay) type. The time duration for the exam is 3 hours. The mains question papers except other languages will be available in Hindi and English languages.
UPSC IAS Personality Test Syllabus: 275 MARKS
The personality test for UPSC IAS 2018 will be of 275 marks as (Mains exam 1750+ Personality test 275 = 2025 mark total)
- UPSC (CMS) परीक्षा 2018 का परिणाम जारी, ऐसे करें अपना रिजल्ट डाउनलोड
- UPPSC के द्वारा सहायक अभियोजक अधिकारी बनने का मौका, 25 जनवरी, 2019 तक करें आवेदन
- UPSC CMS Exam 2018 Final Result Released, Check Your Exam Result Here
- UPSC Recruitment 2019: विभिन्न सहायक प्रोफेसर और अन्य पदों के आवेदन से संबंधित पूर्ण जानकारी एक क्लिक में
- UPSC Recruitment 2019: Apply For Various Assistant Professor & Other Posts