On 16 April 2018, the Biannual Army Commanders' Conference will be commenced in New Delhi. The Minister of State for Defence Subhash Ramrao Bhamre will give the opening address and the conference will be chaired by Army Chief General Bipin Rawat. The senior commanders of Army, at the conference, will deliberate on specific issues to army formation and Army as a whole.
Management of the extant security dynamics, mitigation of future security threats and enhancement of combat edge over potential adversaries are the topics, that are likely to be discussed at the conference.
Other issues will also be discussed at the conference including optimization of limited budget to ensure making up of critical deficiency in ammunition, infrastructure development for capacity enhancement along the Northern borders, issues related to Border Road Organisation projects, review of strategic railway lines, ECHS and other matters relevant to operations, administration and welfare of troops.
For formulating important policy decisions through collegiate deliberations, Army Commanders' Conference is held biannually. This conference is an important event for planning and execution process of the Indian Army. The conference will conclude on 19 April 2018.
More About Army Chief General Bipin Rawat
General Bipin Rawat is the 27th Chief of Army Staff of the Indian Army. He assumed office on 31 Dec 2016. He came into power after the retirement of General Dalbir Singh Suhag. He was commissioned into the 5th battalion of 11 Gorkha Rifles on 16 Dec 1978. He is a Doctorate of Philosophy by Chaudhary Charan Singh University, Meerut for his research on Military-Media strategic studies. He has been awarded the 'Sword of Honour' by the Indian Military Academy, Dehradun.
- Location: India
- Click For More Current Affairs: https://safalta.com/current-affairs/
- Prime Minister Modi to Leave For His 5-Day Visit to Sweden and UK
- CWG 2018 Concluded: India Ended Up at Third Place With its Second Best Record
- 65th National Film Awards Announced, Dadasaheb Phalke Award Conferred to Vinod Khanna Posthumously
- PM Modi to Launch Health and Wellness Center in Bijapur Under Ayushman Bharat Project
- PM Modi to Inaugurate Dr Ambedkar National Memorial in New Delhi Today
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi Inaugurated 10th Defence Expo in Chennai Today