The Indian Competition Commission (CCI) will organize 'National Conference on Public Purchase and Competition Law' On November 05, 2018 in New Delhi. The objective of this conference is to reach out to the key stakeholders in the capacity enhancement and public procurement ecosystem. Union Finance and Corporate Affairs Minister Arun Jaitley will be the Chief Speaker and Chief Guest at the National Conference.
- This National Conference is a unique initiative of the Commission, which provides a forum for various stakeholders to participate in active discussion on competitions Law and various aspects related to the public.
- The Union and State Government's policymakers will particiapte in this conference.
- The issues such as public procurement, bidding, cartel and merger control will be discussed by the policymakers.
- The conference will be organised into two separate sessions. The first session will be chaired by the Chief Secretary of state of Punjab, Karan Avtar Singh while the second will be chaired by the CCI member Augustine Peter. The conference will be concluded by CCI Secretary Smita Zhingran.
- In order to ensure fair competition and to provide 'equal opportunity to all,' the Parliament of India enforced Competition Act, 2002 in January 2003.
- Indian Competitiveness Commission (CCI) was established on October 14, 2003.
- On May 20, 2009, the provisions of the Act relating to anti-competition agreements and misuse of major conditions were notified. This Act applies to entire India other than Jammu and Kashmir.
- The Indian Competitiveness Commission consists of one president and six members. The Competition Commission of India focuses on four main points- Competition agreement, misuse of key conditions, combination regulation and competitive interim.
- Location: India
- ISRO Launches Communication Satellite GSAT-29 To Monitor India
- India Voted Against A UN Draft Resolution On Use Of Capital Punishment
- विज्ञान एवं शोध के लिए 6 प्रोफेसर 'इंफोसिस पुरस्कार 2018' से किये गए सम्मानित
- Infosys Prize 2018: Six Professors Awarded For Science And Research Works
- एमएचआरडी ने लीडरशिप फॉर एकेडेमिशियंस प्रोग्राम किया लांच