China will build its first permanent airport in the South Pole. The airport is expected to provide logistical support to scientists and enhance airspace management in the Antarctic.
- The airport is expected to be located along the ice sheet, 28 kilometers from the China-built Zhongshan station in the Antarctic.
- The new airport is expected to facilitate the landing and takeoffs of the medium and large transport aircraft like Boeing planes in the South Pole.
- The airport is expected to complete the aviation security system in the Antarctic while improving communication and meteorological support system.
- The establishment of the airport is also expected to help China in taking control over the management authority of airspace in the region.
- In 2009, Chinese scientists built a 4- kilometer-long, 50-meter-wide runway for the fixed-wing aircraft during the 25th investigation in the Antarctic while in 2010, an airport called Feiying was constructed on the ice sheet.
- Location: India
- India, One of The World's Fastest-growing large economies
- अंतर्राष्ट्रीय मुद्रा कोष ने 2019 में भारत की वृद्धि दर 7.4 प्रतिशत रहने का अनुमान लगाया है
- HDFC Releases its new FD interest rate list, effective from today
- भारत में बुलेट ट्रेन के लिए जापान ने दिया पहली किस्त
- Cabinet's proposal to convert GSTN into a govt-owned company