Read the latest important news and prepare current affairs for your upcoming exams. Find out what all safalta.com have in the queue for you today!
Top Topics Of The Day
- India is likely to receive total remittances of $ 800 billion, stated the Migration and Development Brief released by the World Bank on December 08, 2018. India was followed by China ($67 billion), Mexico and Philippines ($34 billion each) and Egypt ($26 billion) in brief.
- Kerala has become the first state to have four international airports with the inauguration of one more International airport in Kannur on December 09, 2018. From this airport to Abu Dhabi, the first commercial flight, Air India Express with 180 passengers flew recently. Apart from this, Kerala has three other international airports which include Trivandrum International Airport, Cochin International Airport, and Calicut International Airport.
- The intercontinental ballistic missile Agni V was successfully launched from a canister on a road-mobile launcher at the Dr. Abdul Kalam Island, Odisha on December 10, 2018. The launch operation was carried out and monitored by the Strategic Forces Command (SFC). Scientists and officials from the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) were present at the time of launch.
- Days after the disagreement between Government and the central bank of India came to light, RBI Governor Urjit Patel resigned from his post on December 10, 2018. However, he cited personal problems as the reason for his resignation. He was the 24th governor of Reserve Bank of India who had replaced former RBI governor Raghuram Rajan on September 04, 2016.
- The first International Conference under the aegis of National Hydrology Project, Union Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation is scheduled to be organized by Bhakra Beas Management Board (BBMB) from December 10 to 11 2018 at Indian School of Business (ISB), Mohali on the theme ‘Sustainable Water Management’. The theme of the Conference deals with promoting integrated and sustainable development and management of Water Resources.
- The second edition of the service-specific exercise AVIAINDRA between Indian Air Force (IAF) and Russian Federation Aerospace Force (RFAF), has been commenced at Air Force Station Jodhpur in Rajasthan on December 10, 2018. This bi-annual air-service exercise will conclude on December 22, 2017. The exercise was started in 2014, and since then it is held two times a year.
- The space research organization of India popularly known as Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has successfully launched the GSAT-11 into space. The satellite is considered as the heaviest and most advanced communication satellite launched ever by India. It was launched through Ariane 5VA-246 rocket from Kourou Launch base, French Guiana.
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, chaired by the PM Narendra Modi has given its ‘In Principle’approval for the strategic sale of the Government of India’s existing 52.63% of total paid-up equity shareholding in Rural Electrification Corporation (REC) to Power Finance Corporation (PFC) along with the transfer of management control. Both REC and PFC are Central Public Sector Enterprises under the Ministry of Power.
- The National Academy of Letters has selected as many as 24 poets and authors from a total of 24 languages for Sahitya Academy Award 2018. The award will recognize a number of literary works, ranging from poetry to essay. The awards will be felicitated at a roadshow to be held in New Delhi on January 29, 2018.
- An online portal ENSURE to connect with Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) has been launched by the Union, Minister of Agriculture and Farmers' Welfare Radha Mohan Singh on December 11, 2018. This portal has been developed by the NABARD and will be operated under the Department of Animal Husbandry, Dairying & Fisheries.
- Location: India
- आईटी मंत्रालय ने सूचना प्रौद्योगिकी नियमों का मसौदा जारी किया
- प्रधानमंत्री मोदी ने बोगीबील सेतु राष्ट्र को समर्पित किया
- पेट्रोलियम मंत्री ने आईजीएल की सीएनजी कतार प्रबंधन प्रणाली (क्यूएमएस) का शुभारंभ किया
- PM Modi Announces Sardar Patel Award For National Integration
- जापान तीन परियोजनाओं के लिए भारत को देगा 105.497 बिलियन येन का ऋण