With an aim to increase and promote tourism, the Union Home Ministry has gone and excluded 29 inhabited islands of Andaman and Nicobar from the Restricted Area Permit (RAP) regime that falls under the Foreigners (Restricted Areas) Order, 1963 till December 2022. Along with this, the government also plans on opening 11 other uninhabited islands for foreigners to visit.
Let’s look at some key factors-
The lift of Restricted Area Permit will let foreigners visit these islands without having to take permission from the government, but some citizens of some countries like China, Afghanistan and Pakistan along with other foreign nationals who belong to this origin will have to require the Restricted Area Permit (RAP). Other than this, for visiting Mayabunder and Diglipur islands the citizens of Myanmar will have to continue the procedure of RAP that will be issued with the prior approval of Home Ministry.
What is Restricted Area Permit (RAP) Regime?
This is a regime that has been notified under the Foreigners (Restricted Area) Order, 1963 in which the foreign nations are not allowed to visit the restricted and protected area without government’s approval and there has to be an extraordinary reason for the justification of the visit. All foreigners other than people from Bhutan who has a desire to stay and enter the protected or restricted area will be required to obtain a special permit from the government authorities. People from Afghanistan, Pakistan and China along with foreign nationals from Pakistan origin are not allowed to enter these areas.
- Location: India
- Click For More Current Affairs: https://safalta.com/current-affairs
- डीएसआरवी की मदद से भारतीय नौसेना गहरे पानी में उतरकर बचाव कार्य करने में पहले से ज्यादा हुई सक्षम
- Uttar Pradesh Government renames Allahabad as Prayagraj
- World Food Day 2018: Our actions are our future – A zero hunger world by 2030 is possible’
- श्रीपद येस्सो नाइक ने नरेला में राष्ट्रीय होम्योपैथी संस्थान की आधारशिला रखी
- इलाहाबाद का नाम बदलकर हुआ प्रयागराज, योगी कैबिनेट ने दी नाम परिवर्तन को मंजूरी