In the eleventh edition of Global innovation Index that was jointly released by Cornell University, INSEAD and World Intellectual property organization, India ranks 57 out of 130 countries. With the 2018 edition, India has moved up three spots in comparison to Global innovation Index of 2017, where it was placed at the 60th spot. This year India emerged as a top-ranked economy in Central and South Asia.
India always has maintained the top spot and is consistently moving upwards in the global ranking, in comparison to 2015 where it was ranking 81 in comparison to 57 this year. The country has shown strength and improved its ranking because of the growth rate of GDP per worker, India’s human capital with graduates in science and engineering, productivity in growth and creative goods exports, exports in information and communication technology and services.
Some areas where India fared badly is in ease of starting a business, overall education, political stability and safety, along with educational and environmental performance.
World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) is a specialized agency of UN in association with Cornell University and graduate business school INSEAD that publishes the GII global ranking.
- Location: India
- Click For More Current Affairs: https://safalta.com/current-affairs
- India and Nepal agree to explore satellite images in boundary survey work
- Cyclone 30 Turns Operational to Diagnose Deadly Disease Cancer
- Today in World History: French Revolution, Peace Corp, Obama Administration on 22 September
- अंतरराष्ट्रीय सौर गठबंधन की आम सभा की पहली बैठक दिल्ली में होगी
- India contributes $1 million to United Nation's ambitious solar project