India and Saudi Arabia's Relationship on New Heights
Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, widely known as "MBS", arrived in New Delhi for a day's visit on Tuesday evening. Breaking protocol, Prime Minister Narendra Modi personally welcome the Saudi prince at the airport. Prince Salman was greeted by the Guard of Honour as part of ceremonial welcome at the Rashtrapati Bhawan. He was accompanied by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and President Ram Nath Kovind. The meeting between the two leaders was held in the Rashtrapati Bhawan to strengthen the India-Saudi bilateral relationship.
According to the official reports, India had been identified as one of the eight strategic partners with whom Saudi Arabia intended to deepen its partnership in the areas of politics, security, trade and investment and culture.
Major Highlights of the India-Saudi bilateral Meeting:
- "The common concern is terrorism and extremism. We will cooperate with India and neighboring states to ensure future generations are safe." - Prince Mohammed bin Salman.
- "The economic, social and cultural links of India and Saudi Arabia are centuries old. And it is always conducive and friendly." - PM Modi.
- India and Saudi Arabia are expected to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'' at a ministerial level, planning joint naval exercises, besides significantly ramping up overall defence co-operation.
- India and Saudi Arabia are finalising the setting up of a Strategic Partnership Council between the two countries at ministerial level.
Prince said, terrorism and extremism are a "common concern". Saudi Arabia will "cooperate with India and neighboring states" on the matter. Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman responded to the Pulwama attack and condemned the attack. He said that terrorism will not be tolerated in any way.
“Saudi Arabia has strongly condemned and denounced the terrorist attack on Indian security forces in Pulwama on February 14", Mr. Tirumurti said. As we know that recently, JeM's terrorists attacked on a convoy of CRPF. In which 40 soldiers were martyred. Reactions of different countries came on this attack.
Click Here To Read More About Pulwama Attack
Click Here To Read February 19, 2019 Current Affairs
- Location: India
- Click For More Current Affairs: https://safalta.com/current-affairs
- NIOS DElEd Supplementary Exam Admit Card Declared, Download Now
- IIT Admission 2019: Application Process Begins for Various Courses
- Tips to Prepare Best Time-Table for UPSC Civil Services 2019 Preparation
- IIT Roorkee JEE ADVANCED 2019 EXAM DATES EXTENDED, KNOW COMPLETE DETAILS HERE
- ONGC Recruitment 2019: Apply for 23 Executives at E1 level Posts