Eight agreements have been done between India and Oman on February 11, 2018 during Prime Minister Narendra Modi's visit to Oman. There was an important agreement between India and Oman in these agreements. Under this agreement, the Indian Navy will be allowed to go to Duqm Port in Oman. At the same time, India has the approval to create 'Military Infrastructure' in Oman.
The main agreements are as follows:
- MoU for cooperation in health sector.
- MoU for cooperation in peaceful use of space.
- MoU in the field of tourism cooperation between India and Oman.
- Annexure for a Memorandum of Understanding on Military Cooperation.
- A Memorandum of Understanding has been signed on academic cooperation between the National Defense College of India and the Institute of Defense Studies and Analysis of India.
- Agreement for legal and judicial cooperation in civil and business matters.
It is notable that Prime Minister Narendra Modi was on a three-nation visit from 09 Feb 2018 to 12 Feb 2018. They are Palestine, United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Oman.