17-year-old mountain climber Shivangi Pathak has conquered Mount Elbrus, the highest mountain range in Europe after Mount Everest and Kilimanjaro. Shivangi started to climb Mount Elbrus from a base camp built 5,642 meters high, on 02 Sep 2018. She completed her mission 'Elbrus' on 04 Sep 2018 at 7:56 a.m.
- Another Indian mountaineer Rohtash Kholeri, 22, also successfully climbed Mount Elbrus.
- Shivangi and Rohtash have conquered the world's highest three peaks in the past four months.
- Shivangi wants to unfurl the nation's flag on the world's seven highest peaks before she turns 18.
- On reaching the highest peak Mount Elbrus in Europe, Shivangi gave special messages to the country and the world.
- She also shares her photographs with the slogan poster of 'Beti Bachao Beti Padhao' and 'If earth prevails, life prevails'.
About Shivangi Pathak:
- Shivangi Pathak is a resident of Hisar in Haryana. People also call her 'eagle of mountain'.
- She considers Arunima Sinha as her inspiration for mountain climbing.
- Shivangi has trained with 'Jawahar Institute of Mountain' (Jammu-Kashmir) and 'Himalayan Institute of Mountaineering in Darjeeling'.
- She likes to run Miles in the gym instead to workout at the gym. As a result, she is not only physically fit, but also mentally retains well.
- Location: India
- Click For More Current Affairs: https://safalta.com/current-affairs
- Tejas Successfully Refueled in Mid-Air, Enhanced Air Combat Strength of Air Force
- Apsara-U Reactor Starts Operation in Trombay
- Bangalore Airport to Introduce Biometric Boarding, Will Become the First of Its Kind
- India's First Railway University Started in Vadodara in Gujarat