The Khader Commission report is a report that recommends upgrading the professional qualification of teachers and bringing the school education sector in the state under single directorate, in an effort to revamp it.
- To implement recomendations of the Khader Committee report, which proposes single directorate for the education sector, the Kerala High Court on June 17, 2019, Monday stayed the state government's decision.
- Justice PV Asha stayed the government's decision to bring the Directorate of Public Instruction, Higher Secondary Directorate and Vocational Higher Secondary Directorate under the Directorate of General Education, while considering a batch of writ petitions filed by the Nair Service Society (NSS) and others.
- The high court statyed all further proceedings undertaken by the government pursuant to the Khader Committee report, appreciating the plea that the integration offends the provisions of Kerala Education Rule.
- The Khader Commission report recommends upgrading the professional qualification of teachers and bringing the school education sector in the state under single directorate, in an effort to revamp it.
- The NSS moved court against the government's decision, saying that if the recommendations were implemented, they would "sabotage" the public education system and leave the education field in a mess.
- Location: India
- Click For More Current Affairs: https://safalta.com/current-affairs
- Padmanabha Balakrishna Acharya sworn in as the Governor of Manipur
- RBI Relaxation in the Leverage Ratio (LR) to Help Banks in Expansion of Lending Activities
- Assam Government Releases Additional Draft of NRC
- 44th Anniversary of Emergency: The Most Controversial Periods of Independent India’s History
- Everything You Must Know About 'Kargil War'