Padmanabha Balakrishna Acharya has sworn in as the Governor of Manipur. Justice Lanusungkum Jamir of the High Court of Manipur administered the oath of office to the governor at Darbar Hall, Raj Bhavan, Imphal.
Talking to media persons after the swearing-in ceremony, Governor PB Acharya said that Governor is the constitutional head of the State and that he will discharge his constitutional duties.
He is given the additional charge as the Governor, in addition to his own duties, during the absence (on leave) of Dr Najma Heptulla, Governor of Manipur.
About Padmanabha Balakrishna Acharya:
Padmanabha Balakrishna Acharya was born on 8 October 1931. He is an Indian politician. At present, he is given the additional charge as the Governor of Manipur.
Education Background & Career:
• PB Acharya completed his matriculation from Christian High School, Udupi.
• He studied at the Mahatma Gandhi Memorial College (MGM College), Udupi in 1949.
• After graduation, he worked in Mumbai and was associated with Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP)
• He was a member of Mumbai University's Senate. He also completed LL.B degree from Mumbai University.
• He had held various positions in the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) before becoming governor.
Known As: Jeweled town
Location: Northeastern part of India
National Parks: Keibul Lamjao National Park
Wildlife Sanctuary (WLS): Khongjaingamba Ching WLS, Yangoupokpi-Lokchao WLS
- Location: India
- Click For More Current Affairs: https://safalta.com/current-affairs
- RBI Relaxation in the Leverage Ratio (LR) to Help Banks in Expansion of Lending Activities
- Assam Government Releases Additional Draft of NRC
- 44th Anniversary of Emergency: The Most Controversial Periods of Independent India’s History
- Everything You Must Know About 'Kargil War'
- Triple Talaq Bill Back in Lok Sabha: Highlights