Prime Minister Narendra Modi has announced Sardar Patel Award for National Integration at the DGPs/IGPs Conference at Kevadia on December 23, 2018. This award would be given for outstanding efforts to further national integration.
“Sardar Patel devoted his life towards unifying India. The Sardar Patel Award for National Integration would be a fitting tribute to him and will inspire more people to work towards furthering India's unity and national integration,” the Prime Minister said.
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
- Popularly known as Sardar Patel, Vallabhbhai Patel was the first Deputy Prime Minister of independent India. He was among the senior leaders of Indian National Congress who played the leading role in the struggle for the independence of the country. He acted as the Commander-in-chief of the Indian army during the political integration of India and the Indo-Pakistani War of 1947.
- Born and raised in the state of Gujarat, he started his career as a lawyer and organised peasants from Kheda, Borsad, and Bardoli in Gujarat when Mahatma Gandhi called for a nationwide civil-disobedience movement against the British rule in the country.
- He was appointed as the 49th President of Indian National Congress. He organised the party for elections in 1934 and 1937 while promoting the Quit India Movement.
- Location: India
- आईटी मंत्रालय ने सूचना प्रौद्योगिकी नियमों का मसौदा जारी किया
- प्रधानमंत्री मोदी ने बोगीबील सेतु राष्ट्र को समर्पित किया
- पेट्रोलियम मंत्री ने आईजीएल की सीएनजी कतार प्रबंधन प्रणाली (क्यूएमएस) का शुभारंभ किया
- जापान तीन परियोजनाओं के लिए भारत को देगा 105.497 बिलियन येन का ऋण
- रक्षा मंत्री निर्मला सीतारमन ने आईएफसी-आईओआर का उद्घाटन किया