On 16 Apr 2018, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will leave for his 5 days visit to Sweden and UK. The visit of the Prime Minister will result in enhancing India's engagement with both the countries. Before leaving for his tour to the European countries, Prime Minister said, "I am visiting Sweden and United Kingdom for bilateral meetings and for the India-Nordic Summit and the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM)".
PM Modi will attend the first-ever India-Nordic Summit in Stockholm on 17 April, in the first leg of the visit. The summit will be co-hosted by India and Sweden. Both the PMs will get an opportunity to interact with the top business leaders of both the countries. It will help to chart-out a road map of co-operation with focus on investment, innovation, trade, skill development, smart cities, science & technology, health, clean energy and digitization. Besides Narendra Modi, Prime Ministers of Sweden, Norway, Finland, Iceland and Denmark will also attend the Summit.
This is PM Modi's first visit to Sweden and he has said that Sweden is a valuable partner in India's development initiative and both the countries share warm and friendly ties.
In the second leg of his visit, PM Modi will be in United Kingdom from 18 to 20 April. On Wednesday, he will address a unique event 'Bharat ki Baat, Sabke Saath' in London. He will answer the questions concerning India in a live interactive conversation. He has asked people to share their views on Narendra Modi app and post videos on Social media with #BharatKiBaatsabkeSaath
He will also attend the CHOGM being hosted by United Kingdon on 19 and 20 April. CHOGM will begin in London today. On his way back to India, PM Modi will have a brief stopover in Berlin, on 20 April. He will meet German Chancellor Angela Merkel and exchange thoughts on several bilateral, regional and global issues.
- Location: India
- Click For More Current Affairs: https://safalta.com/current-affairs/
- 65th National Film Awards Announced, Dadasaheb Phalke Award Conferred to Vinod Khanna Posthumously
- PM Modi to Launch Health and Wellness Center in Bijapur Under Ayushman Bharat Project
- PM Modi to Inaugurate Dr Ambedkar National Memorial in New Delhi Today
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi Inaugurated 10th Defence Expo in Chennai Today
- ISRO Launched IRNSS-1I Navigation Satellite From Sriharikota Space Station Today