Shaktikanta Das, former economic affairs secretary and current member of the 25th Finance Commission of India, has been appointed the 25th governor of Reserve Bank of India on December 11, 2018. His appointment as the RBI Governor comes a day after former RBI Governor Urjit Patel announced his resignation citing the personal problems as the reason for the resignation.
- His appointment for a tenure of three years has been approved by the appointment committee of the cabinet three days before the RBI Board meeting to be on December 14, 2018.
- He is a member of the Fifteenth Finance Commission and a former Economic Affairs Secretary.
- He is a 1980 batch IAS officer of Tamil Nadu Cadre and an important bureaucrat who worked under both NDA and UPA governments.
- He played a key role in the economic moves like demonetisation and GST while serving as the economic affairs secretary from 2015 to 2017.
- Location: India
- आईटी मंत्रालय ने सूचना प्रौद्योगिकी नियमों का मसौदा जारी किया
- प्रधानमंत्री मोदी ने बोगीबील सेतु राष्ट्र को समर्पित किया
- पेट्रोलियम मंत्री ने आईजीएल की सीएनजी कतार प्रबंधन प्रणाली (क्यूएमएस) का शुभारंभ किया
- PM Modi Announces Sardar Patel Award For National Integration
- जापान तीन परियोजनाओं के लिए भारत को देगा 105.497 बिलियन येन का ऋण