The 'Signature Bridge' has been opened for the general public from 05 November 2018, the finest sample of Engineering built on river Yamuna in the country's capital Delhi. With the completion of this project, the travel time between North and North-East Delhi will be significantly reduced. Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal inaugurated the much-awaited 'Signature Bridge' at a ceremony. During the inauguration, he was accompanied by Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia.
- The Signature Bridge was envisaged in 1997, and the bridge project was prepared in 2004.
- This project was to be completed in 2010, but the construction of the bridge took more than 14 years.
- Signature Bridge is India's first asymmetric bridge, in which cantilever spar cables have been used to support the bridge. The length of the bridge is 575 meters, and at a height of 154 meters, it has a glass-box from where viewers can take a panoramic view a glimpse of Delhi.
- To reach this box, four lift has been installed, with a total capacity of 50 people to be taken. Selfie points are also made near this bridge. The total length of this 8-lane bridge is more than 1.5 kilometers. This bridge connects Wazirabad Road with Outer Ring Road.
- There are 19 stay-cables on this bridge, which support 350 meters structure of the bridge. Mirrors have been installed around the top of the pillar. Under the health monitoring system, 104 sensors have been installed in the bridge.
- The construction cost of the bridge is around Rs. 1500 crores. It is considered as one of the finest examples of engineering.
- Location: India
- Click For More Current Affairs: https://safalta.com/current-affairs
- ISRO Launches Communication Satellite GSAT-29 To Monitor India
- India Voted Against A UN Draft Resolution On Use Of Capital Punishment
- विज्ञान एवं शोध के लिए 6 प्रोफेसर 'इंफोसिस पुरस्कार 2018' से किये गए सम्मानित
- Infosys Prize 2018: Six Professors Awarded For Science And Research Works
- एमएचआरडी ने लीडरशिप फॉर एकेडेमिशियंस प्रोग्राम किया लांच