Sunil Arora has taken over as new Chief Election Commissioner of India, succeeding OP Rawat who, after completing his tenure demitted the office on December 01, 2018.
- Before assuming charge as the Chief Election Commissioner of India, he was a serving as the election commissioner in Election Commission of India since September 01, 2017.
- During this time, Election Commission has conducted elections to the states of Himachal Pradesh, Gujarat, Tripura, Meghalaya, Nagaland & Karnataka successfully.
- Similarly, elections to five poll going states, namely, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Mizoram, Rajasthan & Telangana are in various stages of completion and the counting of the same is on 11th December 2018.
- During his tenure as CEC, there will be General Election to the 17th Lok Sabha, General Elections besides the elections to State Legislative Assemblies of Sikkim, Andhra Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh, Orissa, Maharashtra, Haryana, Jharkhand, NCT of Delhi, Bihar and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Born on 13th April 1956, Arora, a former Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer of Rajasthan cadre 1980 batch, superannuated on 30th April 2016 as Secretary, Ministry of Information & Broadcasting, Government of India.
- During the 36 years of his service, he held various crucial positions in the State Government of Rajasthan and the Central Government.
- He also served as the Chairman of Rajasthan State Industrial Development & Investment Corporation (RIICO) in 2005-2013 and as Additional Chief Secretary, Home, Government of Rajasthan in 2013-2014 among several other important positions.
- Location: India
- NITI Aayog Organises The Third Edition Of The Women Transforming India Awards
- नीति आयोग ने उन्नत महिला उद्यमिता प्लेटफॉर्म का शुभारंभ किया
- फिलीपींस की कैटरिओना ग्रे बनीं मिस यूनीवर्स 2018
- बेल्जियम ने पहली बार जीता हॉकी विश्व कप
- ऊर्जा मंत्रालय ने इको निवास संहिता 2018 लांच की