The Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation has announced the Swachh Bharat World Toilet Day Contest for districts and States on November 03, 2018. The contest will commence on November 09, 2018 and will continue for 10 days.
The contest will aim to propagate the idea of Open Defection Free country among the people and encourage them to maximize their participation in the people's movement for sanitation. The contest will be organized all across the country.
- The ministry took the decision to organize such contest following Swachh Bharat Mission which has entered its fifth and final year.
- The purpose of the Contest is to encourage all districts in India to re-intensify the sanitation people's movement with a special focus on ODF Sustainability.
- The participant districts will compete on a range of Swachhta activities which aim to achieve the outcomes of sustained and reinforced behavioral changes.
- The Top 10 District Collectors, along-with Top 3 State Mission Directors/State Secretary in-charge of Sanitation will be recognized and felicitated Under Swachh Bharat Mission.
- The winners will also have a chance to meet, interact, and share their experiences with Swachh Bharat brand ambassador, and Actor Shri Akshay Kumar.
- The Ministry has asked districts and States for high participation in the contest while focusing on qualitative Swachhta activity by engaging with the community.
- The Contest will not be organized in Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Telangana, and Mizoram.
- Interested districts can apply for the Contest through an online portal sbm.gov.in/wtd2018.
- The application can be submitted from November 19, 2018, to November 30, 2018.
- Location: India
- आईटी मंत्रालय ने सूचना प्रौद्योगिकी नियमों का मसौदा जारी किया
- प्रधानमंत्री मोदी ने बोगीबील सेतु राष्ट्र को समर्पित किया
- पेट्रोलियम मंत्री ने आईजीएल की सीएनजी कतार प्रबंधन प्रणाली (क्यूएमएस) का शुभारंभ किया
- PM Modi Announces Sardar Patel Award For National Integration
- जापान तीन परियोजनाओं के लिए भारत को देगा 105.497 बिलियन येन का ऋण