Finance Minister Arun Jaitley presented the budget 2018-19 in the Lok Sabha on February 01, 2018. He presented the fifth consecutive budget of the Modi government in the Lok Sabha. In the General Budget 2018-19, Finance minister Arun Jaitley announced many schemes and policies for Education and Employment. He also announced many new projects for Railways as well. You can find the key features of the Union Budget 2018 here.
Key points in Budget 2018-19 regarding education and employment:
- A policy will be created for nursery to class XII students.
- Eklavya School will be opened for tribals. These Eklavya schools will be established just as Sarvodaya School.
- Special Railway University will be established in Vadodara.
- The government will aim at sending 2 million children to school.
- Every year 1000 talented B.Tech students will get scholarship.
- Integrated B.Ed course for teachers will be started.
- 24 new medical colleges will be opened.
- 70 lakh new jobs will be created in 2018.
- In order to reinforce the basic amenities and systems in education till 2022, the government will release an incentive for investment of one lakh crores in four years.
The Key Points of Railway budget are as follows:
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley passed a total budget of Rs.1,48,000 crore for the Railways.
- Escalators, CCTVs and WiFi will be installed at railway stations.
- The Mumbai Local will be expanded with a track expansion of 90km.
- Emphasis will be on the modernization of 600 railway stations.
- 300 km of railway tracks will be upgraded.
- 4267 unmanned railway crossings will be closed.
- 12 wagons will also be made for freight.
- Security Warning System will be emphasized.
- The entire rail network will be made broad gauge.
- 3600 new lines will be laid.
- 700 new train engines will be built this year.
- 5160 new coaches will be prepared.
- 40000 crores will be spent on the construction of an elevated corridor.
- Location: India
- Click For More Current Affairs: https://safalta.com/current-affairs/