A total of Rs 113.36 crore released by the Union Home Ministry on November 05, 2018. The released fund will be used for improving the conditions of people living in the six border states under the Border Area Development Programme (BADP). These border states are Uttarakhand, Sikkim, Gujarat, Rajasthan Assam, and Nagaland. With the release of the fund, so far, the ministry has released a sum of Rs. 637.98 crore in 2018-19 for the development of the states having International Border.
- With a focus on improvement of life of the people living within 50 kilometers from the International border, the Border Area Development Programme covers 111 border districts 17 states.
- The states covered under the programme are Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Assam, Tripura, Jammu & Kashmir, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Punjab, Rajasthan, Sikkim, Bihar, Himachal Pradesh, Gujarat, Arunachal Pradesh, and West Bengal.
- The BADP focuses on ensuring primary health centers, schools, and supply of potable water, community centers, connectivity, and drainage in the border areas.
- The programme also aims to raise awareness about Swachhta Abhiyan, and skill development programmes among the people living in these regions. It also focuses on the construction of helipads in remote and inaccessible hilly areas.
- The programme also aims to promote sports, rural and border tourism while protecting the heritage sites in the border regions.
- A total of 61 villages are being developed under the programme with a particular focus on the improvement of the quality of life in the region.
- Since the inception of the programme, a sum of Rs 13400 crore has been released so far.
- The programme was started in the year 1986-87 for the development of the regions bordering Pakistan. Namely, the border states included Jammu & Kashmir, Punjab, Gujarat, and Rajasthan.
- Location: India
- ISRO Launches Communication Satellite GSAT-29 To Monitor India
- India Voted Against A UN Draft Resolution On Use Of Capital Punishment
- विज्ञान एवं शोध के लिए 6 प्रोफेसर 'इंफोसिस पुरस्कार 2018' से किये गए सम्मानित
- Infosys Prize 2018: Six Professors Awarded For Science And Research Works
- एमएचआरडी ने लीडरशिप फॉर एकेडेमिशियंस प्रोग्राम किया लांच