Daily Current Affairs 11 August 2017:-
Boost up your preparation with daily current affairs. To keep your pace up with current affairs daily, keep yourself in touch with safalta.
M. Venkaiah Naidu took oath as Vice-President
- M. Venkaiah Naidu today took oath of office and secrecy as the 13th Vice President of India.
- He was administered the oath by President Ram Nath Kovind at Rastrapati Bhavan.
- Naidu was elected as vice-president by defeating opposition candidate Gopal Krishna Gandhi on August 5, 2017.
- M. Venkaiah Naidu was born on July 1, 1949 at Chavapalapalam in Nellore district of Andhra Pradesh.
- He has obtained a bachelor’s degree in law with specialization in international law from Andhra University of Visakhapatnam.
- Naidu has also been the national president of Bharatiya Janata Party from 2002 to 2004.
BIMSTEC meeting in Kathmandu today
- The meeting of the Bay of Bengal Multi-Regional Technical and Economic Cooperation Group- BIMSTEC has been started in Kathmandu today.
- Foreign Minister Sushma Swaraj is representing India in this meeting.
- The meeting is expected to focus more on areas such as trade, investment, energy, traffic, tourism, poverty alleviation and counter-terrorism.
- After the working session, Foreign Minister Sushma Swaraj will hold bilateral talks with Bhutan and Sri Lankan ministers.
Madhubala in Madame Tussauds Museum
- The wax statue of Actress Madhubala was unveiled at Madame Tussauds Museum on August 10, 2017.
- This statue was composed from the 1960 film, Mughal-e-Azam, as an act of exploit and rebellious Anarkali.
- Madhubala, also known as the Venus of Indian Cinema, is known for films such as Mahal (1949), Amar (1954), Mr. and Mrs. 55 (1955), Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi (1958), Mughal-e-Azam (1960) and Rainy Night (1960).
- Madhubala died in 1969 due to heart disease.
- At that time, She was 36 years old.
Court orders CBSE over NEET question paper
- Court has ordered CBSE to create a similar question paper for English, Hindi and seven other languages from 2018 for the National Eligibility Entrance Examination (NEET) .
- The Supreme Court said that all languages should have the same question paper.
- Out of a total of 11.58 lakhs, 1.2 lakh students attempt papers in other languages.
National anthem in sign language for mute-deaf people
- A unique video of the national anthem has been prepared in sign language for silent deaf people, which was launched on August 10.
- This video was launched by Minister of State for Human Resource Development Mahendranath Pandey.
- In this video of 3 minute 35 seconds, actor Amitabh Bachchan has presented the national anthem in sign language .
- This video has been conceptualized by Satish Kapoor while directed by famous filmmaker Govind Nihalani with musician Srivastava.
- The V-Care Film Festival has prepared this video in collaboration with UNESCO.
Ten projects approved by National Mission for Clean Ganga
- National Mission for Clean Ganga has approved ten projects in Bihar, West Bengal and Uttar Pradesh of about two thousand 33 crore rupees.
- Eight of the ten projects pertain to sewage infrastructure and treatment, while one to ghat development and the other to Ganga Knowledge Centre.
- In Bihar, three major sewage infrastructure projects have been approved with a total estimated cost of 1,461 crore rupees in Barh, Kankarbagh and Digha.
- In West Bengal, three projects have been approved of around 495 crore rupees. Two of these pertain to sewage infrastructure while the third one is for ghat development.
- In Uttar Pradesh, sewage infrastructure work at an estimated cost of around 28 crore rupees has also been approved in Chunar, district Mirzapur.
|करेंट अफेयर्स पर आधारित डेली कैप्सूल पर जाने के लिए क्लिक करें||करेंट अफेयर्स पर आधारित मासिक पत्रिकाओं पर जाने के लिए क्लिक करें|