With date of CTET 2018 approaching soon, hopes and efforts both are high for all the CTET aspirants of the year. Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has announced 9 December as the date for all the students who see their future bright in teaching profession. While students are leaving no stone unturned for cracking the exam this year, here are few miraculous tips for you to depressurise yourself. The foremost objective of conducting CTET examination was to bring national standards and benchmark of teacher quality in the recruitment process. Let’s break the ice of this year’s Social Science/ Social Studies paper’s pattern. Paper II of CTET 2018 will have Social Science as one of the highest marks carrying subject owing
60 marks, for which the detailed syllabus is as follows.
History: This section will further have questions relevant to ancient, medial and modern history.
Geography: This section will have questions pertaining to the globe, general geographical science, air, water, Earth, planet, human, environment, resources and agriculture. Social and Political life: Topics like diversity, media, local and state government, judiciary, parliament and social justice will be covered in this section.
Pedagogical issues: Concept and nature of social science, class room process, developing critical thinking, enquiry, problems of teaching social science, project work and evaluation
will be asked for in this section.
How to prepare
Now that you know your syllabus and pattern of social science section, follow these tips inorder to manage your studies appropriately:
- Prepare short notes on basic topics of history, constitution, agriculture and judiciary.
- Do a lot of online practice with mock papers available.
- Also, get in regular habit of eating newspapers because paper might not be confined to text books and might of general social science questions from recent topics.
Material for study
You might come across a lot of studs to prepare for this section in the market and online as well, but you do not have such time to go through all of that. So, here is a refined list you can prepare with well for the subject:
- CTET Success Master Paper-II Teacher Selection for Class VI-VIII Social Studies/Science 2017 by Arihant Publications
- 15 Practice Sets CTET Central Teacher Eligibility Test Paper II Social Studies/Science
- Teacher Selection for Class VI-VIII by Arihant Publications
- Wiley's CTET Exam Goalpost, Paper II, Social Studies / Social Science, Class VI-VIII,
- 2017: Solved Papers & Mock Tests with Complete Solutions
- Location: India
- E-Book CBSE UGC-NET/JRF Social Work Solved and Model Papers In English
- E-Book CSIR-UGC NET/JRF Chemical Sciences Solved Papers In English
- CSIR-UGC NET/JRF Chemical Sciences Solved Papers In English
- E-Book UGC NET English Model and Solved Papers
- Free! e-Solved Paper UGC-NET July-2018 Defence and Strategic Studies