The questions based on Statement and Assumptions are most important for Reasoning Section of IBPS Clerk Exam 2018-19. Assumptions are something supposed or taken for granted. A statement is followed by two or more assumptions. The candidate is required to carefully assess the provided statement and make a decision, which of the given assumptions is implicit in the statement. An argument may have more than one assumptions. But they are almost never exclusive of each other. It implies that if both assumptions look true to you choose the one both are implicit or not either of them is implicit. We are providing some sample questions below to check your expertise on the topic.
Directions (Examples 1 to 3) : In the following question given below given a statement followed by two assumptions numbered I and II. An assumption
is something to be supposed or taken for granted. Candidates need to consider the statement and the following assumptions after that make decision which of the assumptions is implicit in the statement.
(A) If only assumption I is implicit.
(B) If only assumption II is implicit.
(C) If either I or II is implicit.
(D) If neither I nor II is implicit.
(E) If both I and II are implicit.
1. Statement: Please use public transport to avoid traffic congestion during the Trade
Assumptions: I. Only private vehicles cause traffic congestion.
II. Many people possess private vehicles.
2. Statement: For better health have fruits instead of vitamin supplement tablets.
Assumptions: I. Vitamins are essential for good health.
II. Vitamin supplementing tablets do not help at all in attaining good health.
3. Statement: As the day for result declaration for board exams closes by, the students awaiting their results start
Assumptions: I. Anxiety levels are more nigh during board exams than any other exam.
II. Some students are more anxious than any other students.
4. Statement: Only first class in science graduates are eligible for the job.
Assumptions: I. Students of graduation in fields other than science are not as intellectual.
II. Courses different from science are available at the graduation level.
5. Statement: Anyone found getting smoking in the ‘Non-Smoking’ area would be penalized.
Assumptions: I. There are separate smoking and non-smoking areas.
II. There are some persons who do not smoke.
- Location: India
- PNB Technical Officers Post Admit Card 2019 Released, Click Here To Download
- Union Bank of India Recruitment 2019-20: Apply Online For 185 SO Vacancy
- Vijaya Bank Recruitment 2019: Apply for 421 Peons & Sweepers Posts
- UBI Security Guard PET Exam 2019 Call Letter Released, Download Here In One Click
- SBI Recruitment 2019: Apply For Faculty, Marketing Executive & Other Posts