Candidates should practice the sample questions based on Statement and Assertion for upcoming IBPS Clerk CWE Exam 2018. The dictionary meaning of assertion is stating or claiming something forcefully and that of the reason is fact. In this article, we shall deal with the combination of Assertion and Reason, which are related to each other in order to find their correct coordination. This is again an important feature of logical reasoning. Following examples will fully illustrate the type of such questions.
Directions (Examples 1 to 2): Choose the correct alternative from the following options for the Assertion (A) and Reason (R) given below
(A) Both the options (A) and (R) are true and (R) is defining correct explanation of (A).
(B) Both (A) and (R) options are true but (R) is not the correctly explaining (A).
(C) (A) is true but (R) is false.
(D) (A) is false but (R) is true.
(E) Both (A) and (R) are false
Assertion (A): Mercury is the farthest planet from the Sun.
Reason (R): Mercury is considered as the smallest planet in the entire solar system.
Solution (D) :
Mercury is the smallest planet but it is not the farthest planet.
Assertion (A): Milk production in India is less in quantity as compared to other countries of the world.
Reason (R): In India, The animal rearers are poor.
Solution (C) :
Milk production in India is low as compared to other countries of the world is true. But the Reason is false.
Questions for Practice
1. Assertion (A): Winds are deflected to their right in Northern Hemisphere and to the lift in the Southern Hemisphere.
Reason (R): Rotation of earth causes the change in wind direction.
2. Assertion (A): Leakages in household gas cylinders can be detected.
Reason (R): LPG has a strong smell.
3. Assertion (A): Shimla is colder than Delhi.
Reason (R): Shimla is located at the higher altitude as compared in comparison to Delhi.
4. Assertion (A): Land breeze blows during the night.
Reason (R): Land gets heated up quickly.
5. Assertion (A): The freezing of seawater during winter does not kill the fishes.
Reason (R): Only surface water is frozen.
- Location: India
- PNB Technical Officers Post Admit Card 2019 Released, Click Here To Download
- Union Bank of India Recruitment 2019-20: Apply Online For 185 SO Vacancy
- Vijaya Bank Recruitment 2019: Apply for 421 Peons & Sweepers Posts
- UBI Security Guard PET Exam 2019 Call Letter Released, Download Here In One Click
- SBI Recruitment 2019: Apply For Faculty, Marketing Executive & Other Posts