Candidates should practice sample questions based on Statement and Conclusion for IBPS Clerk Exam 2018. Problems based on statement and conclusion is inluded to test the candidate's ability to interpret the statement. Consequent effect of a statement has to be analyzed before reaching the correct conclusion. This chapter is a mere extension of the statement and assumptions.
Here, candidates are required to approach the questions for the solution from a different angle. This approach basically emphasizes the need for being more systematic and logical in drawing inferences. These types of questions are based on a link between statement and conclusion, but the link should be logical. In these questions, a statement or a passage is given which is followed by two conclusions. You have to find out the correct conclusion. The conclusion should be reasonable or sensible.
Directions (Examples 1 to 2): A statement is followed by two conclusions I and II. You have to consider the statement to be true even if it seems to be at variance with commonly known facts. You have to decide which of the given conclusions can definitely be drawn from the given statement. Indicate your answers.
Statement : The use of a non-conventional source of energy will eliminate the energy crisis in the world.
Conclusions: I. Modern technology is gradually replacing the conventional sources of energy.
II. The excessive exploitation of the environment has lead to the depletion of conventional sources of energy.
(A) If only conclusion I follows.
(B) If only conclusion II follows.
(C) If either I or II follows.
(D) If neither I nor II follows.
(E) If both I and II follow.
Solution (D) :
The statement speaks about a suggestion regarding the benefits of the use of a non-conventional source of energy. It is not given whether nonconventional methods are replacing conventional methods. Hence conclusion I do not follow. Conclusion II also does not follow as it is not in the
light of the statement.
Statement : Honesty and hard work lead to the economic improvement of an individual.
Conclusions : I. There is a direct relationship between honesty and economic improvement.
II. Hard work and honesty always pay dividends.
(A) If the only conclusion I follow.
(B) If only conclusion II follows.
(C) Both I and II follow.
(D) Neither I nor II follows.
Solution (A) :
Only conclusion I follow. The use of term always makes the second statement invalid.
Sample Question for IBPS Clerk CWE Exam 2018
1. Statement: Workers feel highly motivated when they get a sense of involvement by participating in the management of companies.
Conclusions: I. Workers should be motivated to produce more.
II. Workers should be allowed to participate in the management of companies.
2. Statement: Power consumption in every family has been doubled during the last five years.
Conclusions: I. There is a lot of development in society.
II. Power rates have become cheaper.
3. Statement: This world is neither good nor evil, each man manufactures a world for himself.
Conclusions: I. Some people find this world quite good.
II. Some people find this world quite bad.
- Location: India
- Canara Bank PO 2018 Online Exam Result Released, Check List of Successful Candidates Here
- RBI Recruitment 2019 – Apply For Junior Engineer Posts
- RBI ने जूनियर इंजीनियर (सिविल/इलेक्ट्रिकल) के पदों पर विज्ञप्ति जारी की, जानें पूर्ण जानकारी
- IBPS ने SO मुख्य लिखित परीक्षा के एडमिट कार्ड जारी कर दिए है, डायरेक्ट लिंक से करें डाउनलोड
- IBPS SO Mains Exam Admit Card Released, To Download Now Visit ibps.in