In this chapter, we deal with the questions which are based on directions and displacements. The direction is a measurement of Position of one thing with respect to another thing and displacement in the measurement of the distance between the starting and the final point. This test is designed to Judge the candidate's ability to trace and follow the logical path correctly and sense the direction correctly.
The adjoining figure shows the four main directions (North, South, East, West) and four cardinal directions (North-East, North-West, South-East, South-West) to help the candidates know the directions.
To solve the problems based on the movement of the angle, it is essential to have a knowledge of rotations:
(i) Movement in the right direction is called the clockwise movement.
(ii) Movement towards the left is called anticlockwise movement.
Here are some problems related to Direction Test for aspirants to know their knowledge and check their concept clarity on the direction topic.
1. Laxmi travels 8 m towards the East. she then takes a left turn and travels 3 m. She takes another left and travels 5 m before taking a final left turn. Towards which direction is Laxmi facing?
2. Ramesh walks 400 m in North direction from his house. Then he turns right and walks 400 m. Now he walks in South direction for 100 m.
What is the distance from his house if the direct distance from his house to this Point is taken?
(A) 500 m
(B) 900 m
(C) 300 m
(D) 200 m
3. After moving 50 m to the South of Ram house, He moved left and go another 20 m. Then turning to the North, Ram moved 30 m and then starts walking to his house. In which is direction Ram walking now?
4. 'p' walks 10 m towards East direction and then 10 m to his right side. While every time moving to his left he walks 5 m, 15 m and 15 m respectively. What is the distance from the starting Point?
(A) 5 m
(B) 10 m
(C) 15 m
(D) 20 m
(E) None of these
5. A Mailguard was returning to the Post office which was in front of him to the north. At that time, the Post office was 100 metres away from him, then, he turned to the left and moved 50 metres to deliver the last letter at Omvilla. He then walked in the same direction for 40 metres and then turned to his right and moved 100 metres. How far is the post office from his current Direction?
(E) None of these
- Location: India
- Canara Bank PO 2018 Online Exam Result Released, Check List of Successful Candidates Here
- RBI Recruitment 2019 – Apply For Junior Engineer Posts
- RBI ने जूनियर इंजीनियर (सिविल/इलेक्ट्रिकल) के पदों पर विज्ञप्ति जारी की, जानें पूर्ण जानकारी
- IBPS ने SO मुख्य लिखित परीक्षा के एडमिट कार्ड जारी कर दिए है, डायरेक्ट लिंक से करें डाउनलोड
- IBPS SO Mains Exam Admit Card Released, To Download Now Visit ibps.in