IBPS PO Prelims is already completed with the soon expected examination for the mains exam to be held in the month of November. However, amongst all other anxieties lies the biggest anxiety concerned with the expected cut off for this season of the IBPS PO exams. Well! Here is a little information on the expected cut off for the year 2018 according to the latest official announcement hailed through the official links to check the IBPS PO CUT OFF 2018. This will surely give you a fair idea about the probable trends in the IBPS PO cut off 2018. Apart from this page, the candidates can also refer to the Cut off from the previous years in order to get a comprehensive idea of what they need to score in the upcoming exam. Before that, you must know the determining factors for the decided cut off!
IBPS PO Cut off - Determining Factors
IBPS PO Cut-off marks are mainly decided by the IBPS board based on a number of factors, as listed below:
• Total Number of vacancies
• Total Number of candidates
• Level of Difficulty of Questions
• Marking scheme
• Reservation norms
IBPS PO Cut Off for Mains Exam
IBPS PO Mains Examination is considered as the second step for the selection in the f IBPS PO examination. IBPS PO Mains exam generally comprises of questions under 5 main subject category sections- Reasoning, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness (with special reference to the Banking domain) and Computer Knowledge. Total marks allotted for IBPS PO Mains exam is 200 marks.
• In order to qualify for this phase, the candidates need to secure the qualifying marks i.e., minimum sectional cut off marks as will be decided by the IBPS authority for each Section of- English language, Quantitative aptitude, Reasoning ability, General Awareness and Computer Knowledge. Also, the candidates need to secure overall cut-off marks in the IBPS PO Mains Exam, too. These Sectional Cut-off and Overall Cut-off marks for IBPS Mains Exam may vary based on the categories as well, such as-General, OBC, SC, ST. Total marks in the exam will be calculated as-Marks obtained in Reasoning (out of 50) + English Language (out of 40) + Quantitative Aptitude (out of 50) + General Awareness (with special reference to Banking - out of 40) + Computer Knowledge (out of 20).
Expected IBPS PO Cut Off for Mains Exam - Sectional Cut-off:
|English Language||Quantitative Aptitude||Reasoning Ability||General Awareness||Computer Knowledge||Total|
|SC/ ST/ PWD/ OBC||2.25||10.75||3.25||8||5||31.50-52.50|
Expected IBPS PO cut Off for Mains Exam - Overall cut-off:
General (Gen): 52.50
Other Backward Classes (OBC): 52.50
Scheduled Caste (SC): 41.75
Scheduled Tribe (ST): 31.50
Orthopaedically Challenged (OC): 34.00
Visually Impaired (VI): 37.50
Hearing Impaired (HI): 37.00
IBPS PO Qualifying Marks in Interview
Candidates who are shortlisted in the Mains round will be called for the IBPS PO interview round on the basis of their marks only. However, IBPS PO prelims marks aren’t considered for the Interview.
Total marks allotted for IBPS PO Interview: 100
Minimum qualifying marks in Interview: 40% i.e., 40 marks (For General category candidates)
(35% i.e., 35 marks (For SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD candidates)
Once the interview is done, IBPS announces the interview result for PO along with the final result of merit list of the qualified candidates.
IBPS PO Cut Off for Final Selection:
The final merit listing for filling up the IBPS PO vacancies is solely based on the IBPS PO Mains examination marks + Interview Marks. The Combined Final Score of the candidate is calculated as- Marks obtained in mains exam (out of 200) + Marks obtained in Interview (100). The weight age of the IBPS PO Mains exam and interview remains in the ratio of 80:20 respectively. All the best!
- Location: India
- Vijaya Bank Peon, Sweeper Admit Card Released, Download Here In One Click
- PNB Technical Officers Post Admit Card 2019 Released, Click Here To Download
- Union Bank of India Recruitment 2019-20: Apply Online For 185 SO Vacancy
- Vijaya Bank Recruitment 2019: Apply for 421 Peons & Sweepers Posts
- UBI Security Guard PET Exam 2019 Call Letter Released, Download Here In One Click