SSC CHSL Exam 2018 is scheduled in the month of March and the students are trying their level hard to crack the nut. Scoring good in the English section is important as it is asked in both Tier-I and Tier-II exam. One word substitution is the topic of most importance. Here are some sample questions you can practice.
1. The depository where state records and document are preserved.
(A) Museum (B) Library
(C) Emporium (D) Archive
2. That which is no longer fashionable or in use.
(A) Unused (B) Ancient
(C) Obsolete (D) Old
3. Murder of a king.
(A) Homicide (B) Fratricide
(C) Regicide (D) Parricide
4. A place where birds are kept.
(A) Aviary (B) House
(C) Aquarium (D) Apiary
5. That which has a double meaning.
(A) Doubtless (B) Uncertain
(C) Controversial (D) Ambiguous
6. Atonement for one's sins
(A) Redemption (B) Repentance
(C) Salvation (D) Expiation
7. Woman trained to help other women in childbirth
(A) Virgin (B) Midwife
(C) Matron (D) Nurse
8. An instrument for viewing objects at a distance
(A) Microscope (B) Telescope
(C) Periscope (D) Kaleidoscope
9. A person with full discretionary powers to act on behalf of a country
(A) Ambassador (B) Emissary
(C) Plenipotentiary (D) Envoy
10. A person who believes that pleasure is the chief good
(A) Stoic (B) Hedonist
(C) Epicure (D) Sensual
Answers: 1. (D) 2. (C) 3. (C) 4. (A) 5. (D) 6. (B) 7. (B) 8. (B) 9. (C) 10. (B)
To practice better, you should go through SSC CHSL Mock Tests available on safalta.com. Visit the Shop Section and search for SSC CHSL Exam 2018. Take assistance from the experts to boost your preparation for the exam.