Staff Selection Commission (SSC) Is going to conduct CHSL Exam in March 2018. It is a good opportunity for the aspirants who are trying their luck to get recruited in department or ministries of Government of India. Though students are doing hard work and leaving no stone unturned to get success in SSC CHSL examination but lack of preparation in the right direction can change the whole scenario. Knowing the fact each section is equally important in SSC CHSL exam but the section in which candidates face difficulty is the English Language. Read the article to know "how to score 35 above in English Section.
Follow the below-listed strategy:
- Read newspapers, magazines, novels, News channels (English) to enhance your vocabulary and grammar. It will also help you in learning antonyms and synonyms.
- Read the articles in newspaper carefully. It will help you in understanding the meaning of the passage and improve your speed and accuracy which will later help you in English comprehension.
- Another point to consider while attempting English comprehension is understand the essence of the passage. Read the questions beforehand to know what are you searching for in the passage.
- Improve your vocabulary. Learn new words with their meanings. Use these words in sentences so that they can be stored in your brain.
- Questions based on idioms and phrases are easy to score. Learn idioms and phrases as much as possible.
- Take online quizzes and mock tests as more as you can. Analyse the test, check your performance and correct your mistakes.
- While attempting any of the questions, read the sentence/word carefully to answer correctly whether it is about sentence correction, spelling error, or fill in the blanks etc.
- For cloze test, almost all the sentences are related to each other. Read the sentences carefully to find out the appropriate word for the blanks given.
- Solve previous years question papers as 3-4 questions are repeated every year.
- Last but not the least is regular practice and revision is the key components to score maximum marks in the exam. Revise whatever you learned a day before. Try to use those words in your day-to-day life.
- Remember each and every topic is necessary to prepare if you aspire score maximum marks as possible. Neglecting any of the topics can affect your percentile of the English section.
- Location: India
- SSC CHSL Tier-I 5 Mock Test Series English
- SSC CHSL EXAM 2018: How to Get Selected for LDC, PA/SA Posts
- SSC Stenographer Group C and D exam 2018: Important dates
- SSC GD Constable 5 Mock Test Series English
- SSC CPO Recruitment 2018: Selection Procedure to get recruited