The exam date for UPTET 2018 is approaching near, therefore you must be thorough with all the topics to nail it this time. Before you start preparing for the subject, you must first understand Child Pedagogy and Child Development.
Pedagogy is the art, science and craft of teaching where you accompany learners, care for them and bring the concept of learning to life. Teachers can develop assessment strategies and design learning experiences based on strong pedagogical principles. Pedagogy includes the various different types and variations of teaching. The most common instructional design models are based on the ADDIE model – analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation.
Child Development and Pedagogy have 30 questions carrying one mark each in paper 1. Questions in Paper 1. Paper 2 is conducted for aspirants who are willing to teach for students studying from Grade 6 to 8.
The section will be having 15 questions each from Child Development and Child Pedagogy. In this section, students are required to study more about thinkers and their ideology. The questions are mainly based on the ideology and Principle of Thinkers.
Important topics: Theories of Intelligence, Theories of Child Development, Learning theories, Intelligence theories, Assessment & Evaluation, Concepts of Psychology
Best books for Child Development and Pedagogy
- Child Development & Pedagogy: Paper 1 & 2 of CTET by Shalini Punjabi
- Child Development & Pedagogy for Model question by Arihant Publication
Tips to secure good marks in this section:
- There are multiple mock tests available online, try to attempt as much as possible to feel more confident.
- Revise previous year question papers as well, to understand what to expect out of the exam.
- Candidates are also expected to prepare about thinkers ideology and principles in order to understand the pattern of questions.
- Attempt all the questions
- Location: India
- Rajasthan BSTC 2019 Admit Card Released, Download Here
- UGC NET 2019: 5 Simple Steps To Download the Admit Card
- Sainik School Balachadi Recruitment 2019:Apply For PGT Posts
- HP TET 2019: Application Released, Check Details Here
- NITTR TGT Recruitment 2019: Apply Online for 196 Trained Graduate Teachers Posts