Today we are celebrating the 128th birth anniversary of Dr. Babasaheb Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar. Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar was born on April 14, 1891. He was famous by the name of Baba Saheb. Baba Saheb's birth anniversary is being remembered by people across the country as well as in other countries. He has been honoured with the Bharat Ratna. His whole life was struggleful. The Ambedkar Jayanti is celebrated in India as the symbol of Equality and Knowledge.
Here you will found things related to Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar's life:
- Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar was born on April 14, 1891, in the small village of Mahu, Madhya Pradesh. While his family originally belonged to Ambadawe, a village in Ratnagiri district. His father's name was Ramji Maloji Sakpal and mother's name was Bhimabai. Due to the Mahar caste, Bhimrao Ambedkar was discriminated.
- Dr. Ambedkar had a sharp mind from his childhood. But due to untouchability, he had faced many problems in his early education. In 1913, Bhimrao Ambedkar was selected to study in Columbia University, United States. Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar was also honoured for his research in the year 1916.
- Bharat Ratna Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar had gave India the largest asset, which helped our country to become a successful democracy. At the age of 14, Dr. BR Ambedkar was married to Ramabai. However, Ramabai Ambedkar died on May 27, 1935, after a long illness. He was 37 years old. After death, Dr. B. R. Ambedkar married Savita Ambedkar. Savita Ambedkar, who was originally from a Brahmin family, adopted Buddhism with Dr. B. R. Ambedkar.
- In 1936 Baba Saheb formed the Labor Party. He was appointed as the chairman of the constitution committee. After India's independence, he was made Law Minister. Ambedkar fought the country's first general election from Bombay North in 1952 but lost. He was selected twice as MP from the Rajya Sabha. Ambedkar died on December 6, 1956. In 1990, he was awarded by India's highest honour, Bharat Ratna.
- Dr. B. R. Ambedkar was a master in 64 subjects. He had knowledge of 9 languages. Apart from this, he had studied all religions of the world in comparative ways for almost 21 years. He completed 8 years of studies in just 2 years and 3 months in the London School of Economics. He is the first and only person in the world to receive a valuable doctorate degree from the London School of Economics.
- Dr. B. R. Ambedkar has the highest number of statue in the world. In 1950, his first statue was made in the city of Kolhapur. Dr. B. R. Ambedkar is the only Indian whose statue is attached with Karl Marx in the London Museum. His birth anniversary is also celebrated all over the world.
CLICK HERE to Read More Motivational and Success Stories
- Location: India
- NIA Recruitment 2019: Apply for Accountant, Assistant and Stenographer Posts
- JAM 2020 to be conducted by IIT Kanpur and IIT Delhi will Conduct GATE 2020
- NIOS Recruitment 2018: Application Process Open for 74 Junior Assistant & EDP Supervisor Posts
- Kurukshetra University Recruitment 2019: Apply Online for 198 Clerk Posts
- NYKS 2019 Exam date Declared, Check Here