The University Grants Commission (UGC) has banned the execution of distance degree programmes in agriculture. According to the reports, Higher Education Regulator had took this decision at its last meeting on ground that agriculture and related courses will also be considered professional and institutes cannot deliver degree programmes in the field in open or distance mode anymore. Authority said that the degree programme in agriculture is technical in nature as it requires practicals or laboratory courses.
As per the new rules, many institutes will have to shut their courses or tweak the degree programme.“To protect the interest of the students already enrolled to the agriculture degree programme, the Indian Council of Agriculture Research (ICAR) has been requested for hand-holding of such higher education institutions. However, no new enrolments will be permitted from the 2019 academic session,” the official said.
The Institutions offering the distance degree and diploma programmes in agriculture science.
- Nasik-based Yashwant Rao Chavan Maharashtra Open University (YCMOU),
- Annamalai University,
- Kuvempu University and
- Nalanada Open University
The students should also know the list of degree courses that are not allowed to be imparted through distance mode any more –
- Location: India
- Atul Maheshwari Scholarship Exam 2019; Apply Online before August 31, 2019
- Sarkari Naukri 2019 Alert: Top 5 Jobs in Terms of Better Salary and Other Benefits
- Career Counselling With Motivational Guru and Maths Subject Expert Abhinay Sharma on July 20 at 06:00pm
- CTET JULY 2019 Exam Analysis of Paper 1& 2
- CTET July 2019: Last Minute Preparation Tips