IAS Exam 2017-18 Syllabus
UPSC IAS Prelims Syllabus for Paper I – (200 marks)
- Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Social Development, Economic Development and Sustainable Development, Social Sector initiatives, Inclusion, Poverty, Demographics, etc.
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization.
- General Science.
UPSC IAS Prelims Syllabus for Paper II- (200 marks)
- Decision-making and problem-solving.
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
- Basic topics including numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc. of Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level)
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
- General mental ability.
UPSC Mains Exam 2018: List of Optional Subjects
- Civil Engineering
- Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Indian History
- Mechanical Engineering
- Commerce and Accountancy
- Political Science and International Relations
- Medical Science
- Public Administration
Literature of any one of the following languages: Dogri, Gujarati, Assamese, Bengali, Kashmiri, Konkani, Maithili, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu Bodo, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Manipuri, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Santali, Marathi, Nepali, Oriya, and English.
The UPSC Mains question papers will be of conventional (essay) type. The time duration for the exam is 3 hours. The mains question papers except other languages will be available in Hindi and English languages.
UPSC IAS Personality Test Syllabus: 275 MARKS
The personality test for UPSC IAS 2018 will be of 275 marks as (Mains exam 1750+ Personality test 275 = 2025 mark total)