The willing aspirants who want to apply for UPSC IAS Exam 2018 should check their eligibility before applying for the exam. Lets discuss complete eligibility:
- The candidates should be citizen of India
- must be subject of Nepal or
- must be subject of Bhutan or
- Tibetan Refugee who have come to India for residing permanently before 1st January
- he/she can be a person of Indian origin who have been migrated from East African countries of Kenya, Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zaire, Ethiopia Uganda, Zambia, Malawi, and Vietnam with the full intention of permanently settling in India.
The candidates who want to apply for UPSC IAS Exam 2018 should have bachelor degree from any stream qualified from UGC approved or recognized by Parliament or the State Legislature. The candidates who are pursuing in the final year of the graduation can also apply online. But, they are required to provide the certificate of qualification while the detailed application form (DAF) will be submitted online after IAS Preliminary Examination.
The candidates applying for UPSC IAS Civil Services should be between the 21 years and 32 years.
Age Limit Relaxation
|Candidates’ Category||Age Limitation||Age Relaxation||Number of Attempts|
|General||32 Years||No Age Relaxation||06 Attempts|
|Other backward Class(OBC)||32 Years||
|Scheduled Caste(SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)||32 years||5 Years||No bar on attempts till the age limitation|
|Physically Disabled Candidates (Blind, Deaf-Mute, Orthopedic)||32 years||5 Years||09 Attempts for OBC and unlimited attempts for SC and ST candidates|
|Servicemen Disabled From Their Duty||32 Years||
OBC- 6 Years
SC and ST- 8 Years
|No bar on attempts till the age limitation|
HOW MANY TIMES WE CAN GIVE IAS EXAM?
Union Public Service Commission gives only a limited number of attempts to candidates to appear for the UPSC IAS Exam. The allowed number of attempts vary depending upon the category you belong to. The upper age limit also vary according to the category. Candidates should also remember that if you apply for the UPSC IAS Exam but you don't appear for the Prelims exam, then your attempt won't be counted. One attempt is counted when you appear for the Prelims Exam. Below are the details of number of allowed attempts in IAS Exam.
For General Category: 6 attempts till 32 years of age.
For OBC: 9 attempts till 35 years of age.
For SC/ST: unlimited attempts till 37 years of age.
For Physically Handicapped /disabled candidates belonging to General category: 9 attempts till 42 years of age.
- Location: India
- Safalta.com - How to crack IAS exam by Shushil kumar singh
- Preparation of Essay In Civil Service Exam by Dewashish Upadhyay
- Civil Service Mains Exam Paper Detail by Dewashish Upadhyay EP- 4
- How To Crack UPSC(Civil Services) Exam By Mr. S.S. Pathak
- Civil Service Exam's Preparation Tips by Dewashish Upadhyay (PCS)- Episode 3