It is said that every invention has a story of unsuccessful trials. Here's the story of the World Wide Web which might help you for the Current Affair section in the competitive exams.
On March 12, 1989, British physicist Tim Berners-Lee, who worked for Europe's Physics Laboratory, CERN, proposed a decentralized system of information management.
He introduced the World Wide Web which is now used by billions of people.
The special thing is that Google has created a doodle on the birthday of the World Wide Web. The main motive of Google is to show news across the world as a sign through the doodle.
Story Of WWW
Thirty years ago, computer science and engineer Tim Berners-Lee wrote a proposal for how to add a lot of information to many computers.
This proposal for the global network of information eventually became the World Wide Web and gave the world a better insight into knowledge.
- During a survey in the year 1983, the discussion was done with the people who had sent a message to anyone through the computer.
- Approximately 50 percent of these people did not find this method very useful.
- Since then, the Pew Research Center has been collecting data that explains how Americans are watching this technology over the past decades.
- Statistics show that in 1983, 10% of people in the US had computers.
- But most of the people did not get this technology to send messages.
- Still today WWW is one of the most trusted information systems.
- Location: India
- Assam Board AHSEC 12th Result 2019 Announced
- MPSC State Services Prelims Result 2019 Released, Download Here
- IGNOU June 2019 Admit Card Released, Get Details To Download Here
- UPPSC Combined State Upper Subordinate PCS Mains Exam Form Last Date Extended, Check Details Here
- RRB JE CBT 1 EXAM 2019: Check this Latest Exam Pattern Based RRB Junior Engineer 2019 Practice Set for Preparation