For the first time, the Indian Navy will conduct an entrance exam for Engineering graduates seeking to join the service as officers.
According to a navy spokesperson, "The first Indian Navy Entrance Test (Officers) will be held in September 2019 at various centres across the country. The entrance test will be held for screening candidates who aspire to join the navy as officers in the permanent commission and short-service commission streams."
While currently officer candidates are shortlisted for interviews by the Services Selection Board (SSB) on the basis of marks scored in graduation or post-graduation. For this, all graduate entries will be covered under the Indian Navy Entrance Test (INET) other than those screened by the Union Public Service Commission or the University entry scheme.
However, the shortlisting of candidates for SSB will be done on the basis of marks obtained in INET. The test will consist of four sections, which are;
- Reasoning and Numerical Ability,
- General Science and Mathematical Aptitude, and
- General Knowledge.
It is compulsory for the candidates to qualified in each section. The candidates will be further notified if there will be any official update.
For more details related to official notifications and government jobs keep visiting Safalta education portal.
- Location: India
- To Make Corrections to the JEE Main Application Form 2019 for January Session
- India Strikes Back: Know About Jaish-e-Mohammed and Masood Azhar
- Pariksha Pe Charcha 2.0 programme 2019 updates
- आंध्र प्रदेश पंचायत सचिव और बागवानी अधिकारी की पंजीकरण अंतिम तिथि बढ़ी, जाने इससे जुड़ी पूरी अपडेट
- 69000 सहायक शिक्षक भर्ती पर हाईकोर्ट ने लगाई रोक, सख्त कार्रवाई के दिए निर्देश