Railway Group D Exam 2018 Introduction
Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) conducts recruitment examinations for aspiring candidates in Indian Railways. Competitive exam aspirants always keep an eye for RRB recruitment as a government job in Indian Railways offers pocket full of salary with addition perks while reputation in society is additional. Railway Board does not release recruitment notice much often but still it is one of the favourite choices of competitive aspirants.
RRB has recently released the official notification for recruitment on Level 1 of 7 CPC Pay Matrix. The RRB Group D Recruitment Notification was released on the official website of RRB on 09 Feb 2018 for 62,907 vacancies. More than 2 crore candidates applied for the exam and the application link closed on 31 March 2018. The closing date of registration was earlier 12 March but it was later revised and the students were allowed to register for the recruitment process till 31 March. The aspirants are now looking forward for the exam dates and other details related to the recruitment process.
Important Dates Railway Group D Exam 2018
|Date of release of Official Notification||10 Feb 2018|
|Last Date to Apply Online||31 March 2018 (Revised)|
Application Fee Railway Group D Exam 2018
For General Category students, the Application Fee is Rs. 500/- and for candidates belonging to SC/ST/Ex-Serviceman/PWDs/Female/Transgender/Minorities/Economically Backward Class, the Application Fee is Rs. 250/- only.
Vacancy Details Railway Group D Exam 2018
The zone wise and category wise Vacancy details is given below:
Eligibility Criteria Railway Group D Exam 2018
The required Eligibility Criteria to appear for the RRB Recruitment Exam is as follows:
(I) Educational Qualification: 10th pass OR ITI from any institution recognised by NCVT/SCVT or equivalent OR NAC (National Apprenticeship Certificate) granted by NCVT for the posts of Gateman, Assistant Pointsman, Hospital Attendant, Helper/Medical, Porter/Hamal/Sweeper cum portar.
(II) Age Limit: The maximum age limit for candidates vary according to their category
For Unreserved Category: Not exceeding 33 Years
|For Unreserved Category||Not exceeding 33 Years|
|For OBC Category||Not exceeding 36 Years|
|For SC Category||Not exceeding 38 Years|
|For ST Category||Not exceeding 38 Years|
Exam Pattern Railway Group D Exam 2018
The RRB Group D Recruitment Exam 2018 will be conducted in two stages. The first stage will be a Computer Based Test (CBT) and the second stage will be a Physical Efficiency Test (PET). After qualifying both the tests, the candidates will finally be asked for Documents Verification. The detailed Exam Pattern is as follows:
1. Computer Based Test: This exam will be conducted in 15 different languages i.e. Hindi, English, Urdu, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Konkadi, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil and Telugu. Negative marks will also be awarded for each wrong answer in the exam. A total of 100 questions will be asked in the exam and the duration of the exam will be 90 minutes.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Time Duration|
|1. General Awareness on Current Affairs
2. General Intelligence and Reasoning
3. General Science
2. Physical Efficiency Test: The candidates who will clear the CBT will then be called for the Physical Test. To pass the Physical Test, the candidates should:
For Male Candidates:
(i) Lift and carry a weight of 35kg for a distance of 100 minutes in 120 seconds. (In one attempt and without putting the weight down)
(ii) Sprint a distance of 1000 metres in 4 minute 15 seconds. (In one attempt)
For Female Candidates:
(i) Lift and carry a weight of 20kg for a distance of 100 minutes in 120 seconds. (In one attempt and without putting the weight down)
(ii) Sprint a distance of 1000 metres in 5 minute 40 seconds. (In one attempt)
Differently abled candidates are exempted from appearing for the Physical Test. Such candidates require to pass a prescribed medical examination.
3. Document Verification: All qualified candidates will finally be called for Document Verification process. The candidates will be asked to present their NOC from the employer and the signature of the candidates should be identical on all documents.
Exam Syllabus Railway Group D Exam 2018
Four subjects are asked in the RRB Recruitment Exam. Detailed Exam Syllabus is given below:
(1) Simplification: BODMAS, Approx Value, Square Root, Percentage, Fractions, Reciprocals of Numbers, Decimals and Surds and Indices.
(2) Data Interpretation: Tabular Graph, Pie Chart, Line Graph, Bar Graph.
(3) Algebra: Identities, Linear Equation in 1 Variable, Linear Equation in 2 Variable, Quadratic Equation, Polynomials, Unit digit, Linear inequalities and Functions.
(4) Percentages: Calculation-oriented basic percentage.
(5) Number System: LCM and HCF, Divisibility and Remainder, Integers and Rational and Irrational numbers.
(6) Averages: Average Weight/Height/Age/Marks, Average Money Expenditure, Average Temperature etc.
(7) Ratio and Proportion: Simple Ratios, Compound Ratios, Direct or Indirect Proportion, Componendo or Dividendo, Fourth Proportional, Third Proportional, Age, Mean Proportional.
(8) Mixture Problems: Problems on making a mixture of two or more entities/mixtures.
(9) Mensuration: Areas & volume of Square, Rectangle, Circle or Semi Circle, Triangle, Rhombus, Trapezium, Parallelogram, Cone, Cylinder, Cube, Cuboid, Sphere, Right Prism, Tetrahedron, Pyramid.
(10) Time and Work: Work Efficiency, Work and Wages, Pipes and Cistern.
(11) Speed Time and Distance: Partial Speed, Relative Speed, Average Speed, Boat and River, Problem on Trains.
(12) Interest: Simple Interest, Compound Interest, Combined problems on SI & CI.
(13) Profit and Loss: Dishonest Dealings, Successive Selling, Partnership, Discount and Marked Price and Mixture Problems.
(14) Number Series: Problems on Completing the Series, Finding the Missing Term, Finding the Wrong Term.
(15) Geometry: Basic problems on Triangles, Congruence & Similarity, Theorems on Segments, Tangents & Chords, Basic Qs on different types of Quadrilaterals and Co-ordinate Geometry.
(16) Trigonometry: Identities, Functions, Heights and Distances, Max and Min value, Circular Measure of Angles.
(17) Probability: very basic problems on probability.
General Intelligence & Reasoning
(1) Analogy: Analogy can be Letter based, Letter and Number based, Meaning Based, GK based, Image Based and based on members of a group.
(2) Series: Alphabetic Series, Number Series, Mixed Series, General Knowledge Series.
(3) Coding and Decoding: Coding and decoding by letter shifting, Coding and decoding in fictitious language, Coding letter of a word, Operation based on place value, Coding by analogy.
(4) Puzzles: Quant based puzzle, Logical puzzle (Equation insert, BODMAS rule, Inequality, Coded logic), Seating Arrangement (Circular Arrangement, Linear Arrangement), Scheduling, Double Line up, Clock Calendar.
(5) Direction and Distance: Route & network based problems.
(6) Blood Relation: General blood relation problems, Family tree problems, Coded blood relation problems.
(7) Alphabet and Word Test: Sequence (Logical order, Dictionary order, Reverse dictionary order), New word by adding prefix, New word by adding Suffix, Jumble words (Find odd one, Unjumble words), Matrix, Word formation (New word formed, Word cannot be formed)
(8) Venn Diagram: Logical Venn Diagram, Venn diagram problem, Syllogism.
(9) Missing Number: Matrix & diagram related problems.
(10) Non-Verbal Reasoning: Assemble Image, Mirror Image, Hidden Image, Completion of Incomplete Pattern, Cubes and Dice (Construction of Boxes, Problems on Dice), Paper Folding and Cutting, Missing Term, Counting Figures.
(11) Classification: Letter based, Letter and number based, Meaning based, General knowledge-based, Image Based, Number based.
(12) Verbal Reasoning: Statements and Conclusions, Statements and Inferences, Statements and Assumptions, Assertion and Reason, Course of Action, Statements and Arguments.
General Awareness & Current Affairs
(1) Current Affairs: Art and Culture, Awards and Honors, Business and Economy, Books and Authors, Committees and Recommendations. National Affairs, People in News, Places in News, Defense news, Days and Events, Government Policies and Schemes, Sports, Capitals and Currencies, Appointments and Resignations.
(2) Geography: Indian Geography (National Park & Centuries, Wildlife Centuries etc.)
(3) History: Indian Freedom Struggle, Ancient History, Medieval History, Post Independence History.
(4) Polity: Constitution of India, Government Portfolios etc.
(5) Economics: Indian Economy, Economic Organizations, World Economy, Business, Economic Theory, Economic Reforms.
(6) Miscellaneous Topics: Art and Culture, Awards and Honors, Places in News, Books and Authors, Committees and Recommendation, Sports, Environment, Banking Awareness, Science & Technology, Bitcoin & Cryptocurrencies.
The general science subject includes questions from Physics, Chemistry & Life Science of 10th standard level. These questions basically test your knowledge of everyday observation and experience in scientific aspect. The Qs wil be related to Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Earth Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Astronomy and Space Technology, Computers and Mobile Technology, Inventions and Discoveries, Nutrition, Military Technology, Diseases etc.
Admit Card Railway Group D Exam 2018
The candidates who have applied for the RRB Group D Recruitment 2018 will be allowed to download their Exam Admit Card from the official website, as soon as it will be released. The Admit Card for both CBT and PET will be released separately. The Admit Card of Physical Test will only be released for candidates who will successfully clear the Computer Based Test. The RRB Group D Admit Card is expected to be released in May 2018.
Cut-Off Railway Group D Exam 2018
On the basis of previous year's exams, the cut-off of RRB Recruitment Exam can be expected. The RRB Group D Recruitment Exam 2018 Expected Cut-off is as follows.
|GEN||71 – 76|
|OBC||65 – 70|
|SC||58 – 63|
|ST||49 – 54|
Exam Result Railway Group D Exam 2018
The RRB Group D Recruitment 2018 Exam Result will be declared after the commencement of exam. The result of Computer Based Exam will be released first and on the basis of that, candidates will be called for the Physical Test. Candidates should visit Safalta Result Page to check their RRB Written Exam Result 2018, as soon as it will be released.