To assist competitive exam aspirants aiming to crack UPSC and other such exams, Safalta team is dedicated to provide details of the most important events of India and World History that can boost the preparation of students. In today's history, here are the most important incidents that took place on 03 Nov.
- Egypt protests German retribution payments to Israel in 1952.
- MLB Rules Committee restores the sacrifice fly rule, eliminated in 1939; rule says a sacrifice fly is not charged as a time at bat in 1953.
- First live color US coast-to-coast telecast (NYC) in 1953.
- "Tokyo Story", Japanese film directed by Yasujirō Ozu, starring Chishū Ryū, Chieko Higashiyama and Setsuko Hara, is released in 1953.
- Nobel for physics awarded to Max Born & Walter Bothe in 1954.
- First virus crystallized (announced) in 1955.
- Australia takes control of Cocos Islands in 1955.
- Bernardus J Alfrink installed as archbishop of Utrecht in 1956.
- "The Wizard of Oz" 1st televised (CBS-TV) in 1956.
- USSR launches Sputnik 2 with a dog (Laika), 1st animal in orbit in 1957.
- USSR performs nuclear test in 1958.
- California law ends affirmative action in 1997.
- Syrian rebels launch a major assault on Taftanaz airbase in 2012.
- 8 people are killed and 10 are injured after a turboprop plane crashes in northern Bolivia in 2013.
- 6 people are killed after an overcrowded ferry sinks in Pattaya, Thailand in 2013.
- Location: India
- HAL Recruitment 2019: Apply For Lab Technician Posts
- Haryana Transport Recruitment 2019: Apply For Apprentices Posts
- WBHRB Staff Nurse Grade-II Recruitment 2019 Application Process for 8159 Vacant Post Concludes Today, Apply Now
- Assam Rifles Recruitment 2019: Apply Online for 79 Rifleman & Havildar Vacancy
- HAL Recruitment 2019: Apply For Diploma Apprentices Posts