To provide help to competitive exam aspirants, Safalta team is providing details of the most important events of India and World History on daily basis, that can boost the preparation of students. In today's history, here are the most important incidents that took place on 12 Nov.
- Toronto's Pat Hentgen wins AL Cy Young Award in 1996.
- Dick Vitale signs with ESPN through year 2004 in 1997.
- Pedro Martinez wins NL Cy Young Award in 1997.
- NY Islanders tie Detroit Red Wings 1-1, to end 10 game losing streak in 1998.
- The Düzce earthquake strikes Turkey with a magnitude of 7.2 on the Richter scale in 1999.
- Taliban forces abandon Afghanistan's capital Kabul, ahead of advancing Afghan Northern Alliance troops in 2001.
- With 501 km/h (311 mph) Shanghai Transrapid sets up a new world record for commercial railway systems in 2003.
- Iraq war: In Nasiriya, Iraq, at least 23 people, among them the first Italian casualties of the 2003 Iraq war are killed in a suicide bomb attack on an Italian police base in 2003.
- Former Soviet republic of South Ossetia holds a second referendum on independence from Georgia in 2006.
- Silvio Berlusconi resigns as Prime Minister of Italy due, in large part, to the European sovereign debt crisis in 2011.
- Into the Silence by Wade Davis wins the 2012 Samuel Johnson Prize in 2012.
- Location: India
- HAL Recruitment 2019: Apply For Lab Technician Posts
- Haryana Transport Recruitment 2019: Apply For Apprentices Posts
- WBHRB Staff Nurse Grade-II Recruitment 2019 Application Process for 8159 Vacant Post Concludes Today, Apply Now
- Assam Rifles Recruitment 2019: Apply Online for 79 Rifleman & Havildar Vacancy
- HAL Recruitment 2019: Apply For Diploma Apprentices Posts