With a goal to provide aid to government job exam aspirants, Safalta team is providing details of the most important events of India and World History daily, that can boost the preparation of students. In today's history, here are the most important incidents that took place on 14 Nov.
- War in Afghanistan: Afghan Northern Alliance fighters takeover the capital Kabul in 2001.
- Argentina defaults on an $805 million World Bank payment in 2002.
- The last direct-current distribution by Con Edison was shut down in 2007.
- Italy plunges into recession, its first since the start of 2005, after GDP contracts a steeper-than-expected 0.5% in the third quarter in 2008.
- Hong Kong becomes the second Asian economy to tip into recession, its exports hit by weakening global demand in 2008.
- Eurozone officially slips into recession for the first time since its creation in 1999, pushed down by recessions in Germany and Italy in 2008.
- A series of protests against austerity measures occur across Europe including Spain, Portugal, and Greece in 2012.
- CFBDSIR 2149-0403 is discovered, the closest rogue planet to earth (100 light-years away) in 2012.
- Second Democratic presidential candidates debate, broadcast by CBS, held in Des Moines, Iowa in 2015.
- 7.8 earthquake cuts off town of Kaikoura, New Zealand, raising sea bed by 4m, and killing 2 people in 2016.
- Location: India
- HAL Recruitment 2019: Apply For Lab Technician Posts
- Haryana Transport Recruitment 2019: Apply For Apprentices Posts
- WBHRB Staff Nurse Grade-II Recruitment 2019 Application Process for 8159 Vacant Post Concludes Today, Apply Now
- Assam Rifles Recruitment 2019: Apply Online for 79 Rifleman & Havildar Vacancy
- HAL Recruitment 2019: Apply For Diploma Apprentices Posts