19 September witnessed many remarkable and worthy to be remembered events in world history. While the women of New Zealand were given the right to vote, Great Britain & Russia signed military agreement today. Many other historical events happened today that you need to know to boost your preparation for various competitive exams. Have a look at them and take notes to improve your knowledge bank.
- English forces under The Black Prince defeated French at Battle of Poitiers and captured the French King during the Hundred Years War in 1356.
- Emperor Charles I & England signed anti-French covenant in 1523.
- Perpignan surrendered to French troops in 1642.
- Brandenburg & Poland signed Treaty of Wehlau in 1657.
- Atlanta University was founded in 1865.
- 8.1 intensity earthquake in Mexico City killed around 10,000 and left 250,000 homeless in 1985.
- New Zealand became the first country to grant all women the right to vote in 1893.
- Prussian Forces began seiging Paris in 1870.
- Indian Cricketer Yuvraj Singh slammed six sixes in one over to create a world record in 2007.
Keep visiting Safalta portal everyday for all remarkable events of world history.
- Location: India
- Chandrayaan-2: All You Need to Know About India’s Second Lunar Exploration Mission
- PM Narendra Modi: The Most Powerful Man in the World, Says British Herald Poll
- NASA's Initiative to Promote Hindi Through Videos
- All You Need to Know About SCO summit 2019
- Why Blood Donation Day is Important in Our Life