To help government job aspirants in need, Safalta team has brought the most significant events and happenings that took place in India and around the world on 23 October. With a vision to collect each and every happening of World History of every day, safalta team is trying its best to provide only and best and the most important events regarding competitive exams.
What Happened Today on 23 October
- 1944 Soviet army Defeated Hungary.
- 1953 Federal Constitution of Rhodesia and Nyasaland started from this day
- 1980 Soviet Prime Minister Alexei Kosygin gave resignation due to bad health.
- 1985 Emirates airline was incepted in Dubai.
- 1993 An IRA bomb was thrown on the crowded shopping street in Belfast, killing 10 people.
- 1994 Sri Lankan leader Gamini Dissanayake is assassinated in a bomb blast in Colombo.
- 1998 A Palestinian-Israeli interim peace accord is signed at the White House.
- 2003 Madame Chiang Kai-shek, who was the widow of the Chinese nationalist leader died in the New York at age 105.
- 2004 A suicide car bomb explodes near a US marine base in western Iraq, killing 16 Iraqi policemen.
- 2011 A 7.2-magnitude earthquake killed 200 people when it struck eastern Turkey.
- 2013 China and India sign an agreement to boost meetings between their militaries.
- 2014 A bomb blast at a bus station in Azare, Nigeria, kills five people.
- Location: India
- Chandrayaan-2: All You Need to Know About India’s Second Lunar Exploration Mission
- PM Narendra Modi: The Most Powerful Man in the World, Says British Herald Poll
- NASA's Initiative to Promote Hindi Through Videos
- All You Need to Know About SCO summit 2019
- Why Blood Donation Day is Important in Our Life