With an aim to help competitive exam aspirants in need, safalta team has decided to give the details of most important events of India and World History that can boost the General Knowledge preparation of the students. In today's history here are the most important incidents that took place on 26 Oct.
- Journalist Ganesh Shankar Vidyarthi was born in 1890.
- On the attack by Pakistan after the partition of India, Hindus of Jammu and Kashmir, Muslim majority state, decided to go with India on this day in 1947.
- The new Prime Minister of Hungary, Emre Negi, appealed to keep peace with the people on the third day of the ongoing fight between protesters and Soviet troops in 1956.
- A peace treaty between Israel and Jordan ended with the end of the 46-year war in 1994.
- Republic of Trinidad and Tobago got independence from Britain in 1976.
- India's Supreme Court has fixed the period of life imprisonment for 14 years in 1999.
- Japan announced the removal of sanctions against India and Pakistan in 2001.
- In Burma, 64 people died in violent clashes in 2012.
- Location: India
- HAL Recruitment 2019: Apply For Lab Technician Posts
- Haryana Transport Recruitment 2019: Apply For Apprentices Posts
- WBHRB Staff Nurse Grade-II Recruitment 2019 Application Process for 8159 Vacant Post Concludes Today, Apply Now
- Assam Rifles Recruitment 2019: Apply Online for 79 Rifleman & Havildar Vacancy
- HAL Recruitment 2019: Apply For Diploma Apprentices Posts