With a vision to help all competitive exam aspirants preparing for UPSC and other exams, safalta team has decided to bring together the details of most important events of India and World History that can boost the General Knowledge preparation of the students. In today's history, here are the most important incidents that took place on 27 Oct.
- The New York subway system officially opened as the first rapid-transit subway system in America in 1904.
- Fred Waller received a patent for water skis in 1925.
- The first newsreel featuring sound was released in New York in 1927.
- Chuhei Numbu of Japan set a long jump record at 26' 2 1/4" in 1931.
- Du Pont announced "nylon" as the new name for its new synthetic yarn in 1938.
- "You Bet Your Life," the radio show starring Grouch Marx, premiered on ABC. It was later shown on NBC television in 1947.
- The Anaheim Angels won their first World Series by beating the San Francisco Giants in Game 7 of the series in 2002.
- Emmitt Smith (Dallas Cowboys) became the all-time leading rusher in the NFL when he extended his career yardage to 16,743 by achieving the record in his 193rd game in 2002.
- Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva was elected president of Brazil in a runoff to become the country's first elected leftist leader in 2002.
- Location: India
- HAL Recruitment 2019: Apply For Lab Technician Posts
- Haryana Transport Recruitment 2019: Apply For Apprentices Posts
- WBHRB Staff Nurse Grade-II Recruitment 2019 Application Process for 8159 Vacant Post Concludes Today, Apply Now
- Assam Rifles Recruitment 2019: Apply Online for 79 Rifleman & Havildar Vacancy
- HAL Recruitment 2019: Apply For Diploma Apprentices Posts