It's a request to candidates to have an insight into the significant happenings that took place on the 5th of October in India and around the World.
• In 1143, King Alfonso VII of Leon and Castile recognized Portugal as a kingdom.
• In 1676, a permission was given by King of England to East India Company for minting Indian Currency (rupees and paise) in Bombay.
•In 1813, The Army of the Northwest got victory over British and Native Canadian Force.
• In 1864, A massive Cyclone hit Calcutta, India killing around 70,000 people.
• In 1857, The city of Anaheim was founded in California.
• In 1877, the Nez Perce War ended in the Northwestern United States.
• In 1910, the Republic is declared by throwing Monarchy in Portugal in a revolution.
• In 1915, Bulgaria Entered in World War l.
• Somewhere between 10,000 to 1,10,000 people lost their lives in Ashgabat Earthquake in 1948.
•In 1957, Jawahar Lal Nehru received Hiroshima Peace Memorial City's key. He was the world's first person to receive it.
• in 1965, permission was given to U.S. forces in Saigon to use tear gas.
• In 1966, a reactor suffered a partial meltdown at the Enrico Fermi Nuclear Generating System.
• Marc Garneau in 1984 became the first Canadian in space.
• Israeli Secret Nuclear weapons got revealed on 05/10/1986.
• Meerasahib Fatima Beevi elected as India's first female judge of the supreme court of India in the year 1989.
• In 1991, Jakarta Indonesian Airforce C-130 crashed taking the life of 135 people.
• In 1997, Kiran Bedi had been awarded Joseph Beuys Prize.
• In 2011, a lost cost Android tablet, Aakash was launched by Govt of India.
• American businessman Steve jobs who was a co-founder of Apple Inc and Pixar died in 2011.
- Location: India
- Chandrayaan-2: All You Need to Know About India’s Second Lunar Exploration Mission
- PM Narendra Modi: The Most Powerful Man in the World, Says British Herald Poll
- NASA's Initiative to Promote Hindi Through Videos
- All You Need to Know About SCO summit 2019
- Why Blood Donation Day is Important in Our Life