In order to enhance your knowledge, have a keen look at the article on the safalta portal to know what happened on 26th September in the world.
• Theudoald was defeated by Ragenfrid at the battle of Compiegne in 715.
• Philadelphia was occupied by British troops during the American revolution in 1777.
• On the same date in the year 1789, George Washington was appointed as the first cabinet of the United States Government.
•John Schrober became Chancellor of Austria on 26 September 1929.
• United States Army included Military police corps as the permanent branch in 1941.
•In 1984, China and United kingdom mutually agreed to a transfer of sovereignty over Hong Kong that was about to take place in 1997.
• In Japan, Nationalist Shinzo Abe became country's youngest postwar prime minister after winning the election in parliament in 2006. With his achievement, Japan extended its role in foreign affairs and advanced big economic reforms.
• Myanmar and Somalia were ranked most corrupt nations by transparency International 2007 index, receiving lowest score of 1.4 out of 10.
• In 2009, Iran's Nuclear Chief, Ali Akbar Salehi told that Iran will allow the UN nuclear agency to inspect its newly revealed unfinished Uranium enrichment facility.
• In 2010, a recount of votes in some areas of parliament elections was ordered by Election Commission of Afghanistan after raising misconduct and fraud during the sept 18 polls.
• 4 days of fierce fighting erupted between rebels and government forces in Indian controlled Kashmir where 9 people died in 2011.
• A bill regarding 'banning the use of dogs for hunting bears and bobcats' was signed by the governor of California, Jerry Brown in 2012.
• The 10th edition of the Vilnius Intl. Theatre festival unbolted in Lithuania in 2013.
• On 26 sept 2013, a Soyuz capsule successfully docked with International space station which was carrying three astronauts.
• To fight the Ebola epidemic in 2014, the International Monetary Fund fast-tracked $130 million.
• In 2014, Despite strong opposition from African and Islamic states, Latin American and European Countries joined hands to push a resolution that was inclined to end violence against Homosexuals through the Human Rights Council.
- Location: India
- Chandrayaan-2: All You Need to Know About India’s Second Lunar Exploration Mission
- PM Narendra Modi: The Most Powerful Man in the World, Says British Herald Poll
- NASA's Initiative to Promote Hindi Through Videos
- All You Need to Know About SCO summit 2019
- Why Blood Donation Day is Important in Our Life